Help me setup Nitrous on my LQ9 powered 300ZX

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I would start over with a new plate and solenoids. You can save a few dollars by cleaning and reusing the lines if they are in good shape.

Get a plate specifically for your manifold. You will also want a window switch and wot switch as mentioned above. A bottle heater is a good idea too. I like ARC's dual voltage 12v/120v heater. On cold days, I plug it into a small generator in the pits and it heats my bottle up quickly.

A pressure gauge is also a good idea for consistency. I have a round digital pressure gauge from dynotune nitrous and I like it. It's accurate and it's cheap compared to other options.

https://www.dynotunenitrous.com/store/scripts/default_gauges.asp

I like Induction Solutions stuff. They have good prices and Steve Johnson's customer service is great. They always have a good black Friday sale too.

If the bottle you have is past it's hydro date, a fire extinguisher shop can test it and recertify it. Reliable Fire and Security re-certified my bottle for $20, same day service.

Mr. SBF

Keeping it Real with Ford Power!!!
May 12, 2015
Kenosha County
Mr. SBF would be better to speak as to fogger vs plate, but from what I understand of it fogger may be better for street driven vehicles because you can place it farther away from the TB and soften the hit. He may have other advice and tbh if he does I'd listen to him on it.

Plate is better/will out preform hit harder giving better results than the single fogger nozzle you guys are thinking of on EFI. A real fogger/direct port that has has nozzles tapped into each intake runner is by far the best but the intake basically get sacrificed specifically for that vs. a plate kit which you can just remove and put on another car.

I'd recommend this plate as you can run as low as a 50 shot and to a 200 and then always grow with it all the way up to a 400 later on...
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...gpIU9oNUDQIuo69bx4LLCVAiwYJrL6GEaArwzEALw_wcB

Nitrous Outlet has great customer service and a Bottle Exchange Program so you can trade the bottle you have in if you don't sell it. If it's out of date as some nitrous refill places will not fill them if they're expired for safety reasons. Or the bottle is an additional $195 as the kit listed above doesn't come with one but pretty sure they have a kit with the bottle to save a little. Plus Black Friday could save additional % of funds if you are ready now.
In an effort to rid the performance industry of old, out of certification, and abused nitrous bottles we have developed a program that will allow customers to exchange their nitrous bottle(s) for a credit towards a new Nitrous Outlet bottle with high flow valve. Any brand nitrous bottle is applicable for the program, but we will only be taking exchanges for 10lb and 15lb nitrous bottles. Customers who send in a 10lb or 15lb bottle will receive a $100 credit. The credits from the bottle exchange program can ONLY be applied towards the purchase of a new bottle. Only one credit can applied to each new bottle. To exchange your bottle please fill out and submit the form below and we will email you a confirmation code to send with the bottle. Your bottle must arrive with the confirmation code in order for you to receive the credit.

As far as plugs go the general rule of thumb is to run 1 step cooler plug per each 100HP that you want to run.
Would run the following for an LS.
NGK B6EFS for a 100 shot with a .038 gap
NGK B7EFS for a 200 shot with .035 gap
NGK B8EFS for a 300 shot with a .032 gap

Slolane

Who's The Masta!?!
Mar 27, 2009
Hoffman Estates
Throw it in the garbage and get a nitrous outlet plate kit for LS with new bottle. That system looks old and janky. Youll have a really bad day when a solenoid locks open. They also do a bottle trade in program. Get a WOT switch, purge and bottle heater and be done. I’ve installed numerous kits and can install it for you if you’re skurred.

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
Everything is pretty much covered already. You can go from mild to wild with nitrous setups. Nitrous Outlet seems to be the trendy company to go with these days, but NX is still as good as ever. Definitely just buy a new setup. They're cheap.

Ignition timing hasn't been mentioned yet. The rule of thumb is to back off 2* of timing for every 50hp shot. On stock timing, you can normally get away with a 100 shot without making adjustments. However, most aftermarket tunes run pretty aggressive timing so it's something to keep in mind.

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Throw it in the garbage and get a nitrous outlet plate kit for LS with new bottle. That system looks old and janky. Youll have a really bad day when a solenoid locks open. They also do a bottle trade in program. Get a WOT switch, purge and bottle heater and be done. I’ve installed numerous kits and can install it for you if you’re skurred.

I'm going to throw it on CL and Offerup and see if I get any bites. I do appreciate everyones responses. Definitely not scared but excited to set it all up.

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
damn didn't realize i started this thread over a year and some months ago. Finally got around to putting some time into this thing, since I lost my 3000GT to an engine fire. RIP. 3kgt is long gone unfortunately. Here is a clilp of it in all its glory running 28psi in the video.

JTUJ0Gl.png

I miss that thing. Put 10yrs of my life into it. part of the reason why i dont lurk on car forums anymore. :(

anyways, back on topic.

I had a few items in the 'to-do' list for the z32. I ended up repainting the entire car, purchased stillen sideskirts for it, got new wheels/tires and also updated the interior. Got rid of the hideous tweed. and updated all the interior lights to LED's. Here are some progress pictures

Before with OEM bulbs
HRl1LIR.jpg

After with White LED bulbs--i plan to remove the a pillar gauges
qG88SsM.jpg

Suede interior from 93+ z32. Also got a new shift knob(not pictured here). Installed gauges for the bling
SF2Gp5M.jpg

I actually ended up selling the work knockoff wheels that were on it (pictured earlier in this thread). After selling those I put the original borbet wheels that it originally came with back on temporarily(yuck)
pHhfyoN.jpg

and here is how she sits now....still haven't done anything mechanically to it other than messing with the MSD atomic unit to try and get better fuel economy. prior to messing with it I was getting just over 100 miles on a full tank...horrid. Haven't tested yet after i leaned it out some.

Phb8aJ4.jpg

zS2ypRY.jpg

NTUAJSe.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info