Help me pick out a new TV

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Installed. Thanks Mook Mook for the recommendation. I was able to get free delivery. Lol.

20200130_140143.jpg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Here are some settings to get you started. Tweak the SDR stuff to your liking but I would follow what they say for HDR / DV as its easy to fuck that up.

Reactions: Marko

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Damn I just paid 900 too!

TV is great so far especially when streaming on Amazon or Netflix. I got the updated Cpmcast box that is 4k capable. Was easy as hell, just bring old box into comcast store and they give you a box with the new equipment ready to go. Was in and out in a min

Ive still gotta get my new receiver...
How is that 4k capable box and does it make a big difference?

Just checked my order. I ordered it online. And Comcast fucked it up. So I had to reorder it. No big deal. I think the tv looks great with the old box.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
There is no 4k cable broadcasts, so you won't see any difference for regular TV viewing. Luckily the TV upscale everything to 4k if it isn't native... Which helps a lot.

The only reason to update the cable box, imo, is if you didn't want to use the built in TV apps.

Reactions: Marko

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Stupid Comcrap sent me a wireless Xi6-A tv box. This isn’t what I wanted.

It doesn’t have a coax cable connection. And for it to work, I need to keep my other cable box. That’s already connected with the coax cable.
Im just gonna ship it back. I don’t want to pay for 2 boxes monthly.

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Wireless TV Box FAQs
Wireless TV Boxes (Xi5 and Xi6) allow you to watch live TV via your in-home Xfinity network, without the need for a coaxial cable connection. Aside from the ability to stream TV over the in-home connection, Wireless TV Boxes have the same functionality as other non-DVR X1 devices.

Setup and Placement FAQs
What are the requirements to have a Wireless TV Box?
To have a Wireless TV Box in your home, you'll need Xfinity TV service, at least one additional X1 TV Box to act as the primary X1 device on your account and Xfinity Internet with an eligible Wireless Gateway (Arris XB3 TG1682G, Arris XB6 TG3482G, Cisco 3941T, Technicolor XB6 CGM4140COM or Technicolor XB7 CGM4331COM) to stream video over the Xi5's WiFi connection.

Note: The Wireless TV Box will not work with customer-owned modems or Xfinity Wireless Gateways with bridge mode turned on.

Can the Wireless TV Box be my only TV Box?
At this time, the Wireless TV Box is intended for use as a secondary X1 device in your home, in conjunction with a primary X1 TV Box. You must have a primary X1 TV Box plugged in and connected to a coaxial cable jack in your home.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info