Help me pick out a new TV

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
I’m looking to upgrade. I Still love my older 40” LED Samsung smart tv.

But, I‘m Looking for something similar. At least a 55 incher. Probably bigger. Has to be wall mounted. I just bought a new Xbox One X. So which TVs look good with the new Xbox? I Was thinking Vizio or Samsung. Moderately priced.

I don’t have a Costco membership yet. Is it worth it to join to get a good deal on a new tv?

I also would need it installed.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Man, not getting dolby vision seems like pissing money away (in my opinion at least). Samsung QLED is really nice and can almost go toe to toe with OLED, but I cant believe they still dont support DV. Insane.

If youre budget is 1k, I would look into the newest TCL tvs coming out, or the current 6 series. It supports DV and has great reviews.

Vizio's P series also supports DV and typically has good reviews as well.

NOW, it should be stated that Xbox games (as far as I know) ONLY support HDR, not Dolby Vision. It DOES support DV for streaming apps, like Netflix.

If you are only interested in gaming and could care less about future proofing yourself, a QLED is definitely a great option.

Here is some reading for you - https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-features/hdr

Reactions: Marko

Marko

TCG Elite Member
Feb 19, 2005
Man, not getting dolby vision seems like pissing money away. Samsung QLED is really nice and can almost go toe to toe with OLED, but I cant believe they still dont support DV. Insane.

If youre budget is 1k, I would look into the newest TCL tvs coming out, or the current 6 series. It supports DV and has great reviews.

Vizio's P series also supports DV and typically has good reviews as well.

NOW, it should be stated, that Xbox games (as far as I know) ONLY support HDR, not Dolby Vision. It DOES support DV for streaming apps, like Netflix.

If you are only interested in gaming and could care less about future proofing yourself, a QLED is definitely a great option.

Here is some reading for you - https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/best/by-features/hdr
Thanks brother. I appreciate it. I still love my old LED Samsung. So a QLED Sounds great

Should there be good deals now or not Because the Super Bowl is coming up?

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Just a FYI, a TV not supporting Dolby Vision does NOT mean you wont be able to take advantage of HDR. DV content will just default to HDR...so you'll still get the benefit of better brightness, color, etc etc but just now the extra layer of shine that DV brings.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info