• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Help me identify a plant

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
We’re at a loss... it looks sorta similar to giant hogweed, which is apparently super dangerous to handle...thoughts?

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
There's an app for this. It'll tell ya what it is if you take a picture of it. Can't think of the name, but it's like top 3 apps when you search for it.

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
Lawn mower will take it out
From what I was reading, a patch of them in a cornfield will stop a combine dead in it's tracks...my janky ass Craftsman mower ain't doing shit....sawzall and gasoline will do

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
A good weed whacker will take that fucker down. My Echo takes down small trees. :D

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
A good weed whacker will take that fucker down. My Echo takes down small trees. :D
My little battery powered Ryobi whacker ain't doing SHIT against that. It often times gets bogged down in thick grass :roflpicard:

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
I don't have one of those :rofl:

It works good enough for my little yard

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
I actually had to go look up what Hogweed was.

This one has no flowers, doesn't have white hairs and purple blotches on the trunk area.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Echo or Stihl, straight shaft with double .095 whips. :D

Kensington

Donating Member
Reaction score
I actually had to go look up what Hogweed was.

This one has no flowers, doesn't have white hairs and purple blotches on the trunk area.
We saw the purple at the base, and the white hairs on the stem, the size of the stem, and a general leaf shape, and that's what gave us pause to do more investigation before I just grabbed it and pulled it up or went after it with the sawzall.

CMNTMXR57

GM & Holden Nutswinger
Reaction score
Ahh, I wasn't seeing that in the pics, but obviously eyes will see that nuance better.

Go in like a beekeeper, you'll be fine.

Blownbyyou

Donating Member
Reaction score
18V, it does not whoop ass...it's a one stringer too...when we upgrade houses, I'll be upgrading to a gas whacker, like God intended

Honestly my 40v dual stringer kicks ass... I love it

Hell the 18v brushless was more than powerful enough imho

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
There's an app for this. It'll tell ya what it is if you take a picture of it. Can't think of the name, but it's like top 3 apps when you search for it.
The one I used to use is called LeafSnap. Just take a picture of the plant leaf and it'd pop up the plants that closely resemble that plant. It was pretty damn accurate last time I used it (many years ago).

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom