• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical Help me diagnose stalling issue (LS 6.0)

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
So having a minor stalling issue on my 71. If I drive the car 15 minutes or 2 hours, I shut it down when I get to where I was going. If I start it back up within 30min or so it has trouble idling and if I put it in gear it dies out. If I foot the shit out of it, she goes and once she goes she is fine and drives normally. Its just that initial hot start per say. Its been doing this since the car was done, I figured the tune would correct it and it didnt. Hasnt really bothered me until now as I just started getting to enjoy the car the last couple of weeks.

Jeremy thought he heard an exhaust leak when tuning it and I can somewhat hear it as well. Just had it up on a rack and from the headers back it fine, no leaks. Kinda hard to feel around the headers or even get close enough to them with the car hot and running. Assuming I would have to smoke test it to check the headers, or when cool maybe double check all the bolts to make sure none of them came loose. Would an exhaust leak at the header cause that issue though?

Its a LS 6.0 with a BTR stage 2 cam, plugs, fuel filter, injectors etc is all brand new shit.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Oct 28, 2009
Palatine
Is the throttle sticking when hot? I assume this is electronic throttle body/Pedal? That would be the easiest to check.

Otherwise it kind of has to be in the tune. Not enough air going in when it is in the warmer part of the maps on restarts to have it idle or maybe too much timing at idle/startup.

Reactions: Shawn1112

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Is the throttle sticking when hot? I assume this is electronic throttle body/Pedal? That would be the easiest to check.

Otherwise it kind of has to be in the tune. Not enough air going in when it is in the warmer part of the maps on restarts to have it idle or maybe too much timing at idle/startup.
Electronic TB by cable not wire. I dont think its sticking but will check that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info