Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Check owners manual about trans fluid change. My Fusion required trans fluid change every 30k miles. It was real easy to change because no filter. Drain plug and fill 5 quarts.

thanks for the tip, i didn't come with an owners manual, but ill be sure to check into it and probably change it just to be safe since you mentioned it.

GLIGTO

Coyote Nut Swinger
Jun 3, 2012
Desantis-Land
Phew, glad you didn't go with a CC. The TSI engines in those things are abhorrent maintenance-wise. And I'm a huge VW nut. Had a 2010 Passat for a while with the TSI, traded it in after a laundry list of problems came up at about 75k miles and the repair shop was literally out of ideas as to how to fix the intermittent bad misfire it had.

ldyzluvdis06

Supercharged C5
Sep 30, 2008
Jacksonville, IL
Real Name
Danny
Phew, glad you didn't go with a CC. The TSI engines in those things are abhorrent maintenance-wise. And I'm a huge VW nut. Had a 2010 Passat for a while with the TSI, traded it in after a laundry list of problems came up at about 75k miles and the repair shop was literally out of ideas as to how to fix the intermittent bad misfire it had.

the CC is what i was leaning towards after driving one of them, but the more i read about the fusions, the more i leaned towards one. i think the CC looks better all around and a nicer interior, but love the front end of the fusion.

Smokinhot

3-man rules!!!!
Jul 4, 2007
Lansing, IL
Real Name
IM me if you wanna know more ;)
do you have one? i haven't looked into any performance at all. but i may consider a tune if it's affordable and doesn't require any other mods.
No, but I had a Focus ST so same/similar drivetrain. You can do a simple accessport with off the shelf tune or have someone tune you. Nothing really else required unless you wanted to unleash a little more.

Off the shelf tunes are simple, increase boost in the lower gears while adding some up top. You can change it on the fly too.

https://www.cobbtuning.com/products/

Thread Info