Help - Car Won't Start

JeronimoJC

Boost Hunter
Reaction score
When I bought the car it came with an alarm / remote starter system. The car won't start unless you unlock the doors with the alarm key fob. For some reason, the key fob won't unlock or lock the doors since this morning. As a result, the alarm / anti-theft system won't let me start the car.

I've been able to start the car three times today, by pressing the valet button and playing with the ignition. However, the alarm system hasn't gone back to normal. I still can't lock / unlock the doors with the alarm key fob.

There is a number behind the key fob that reads: GOH-FRDPC2002. I did an internet search on this and haven't found a manual yet. I was hoping someone here has deal with this system, which I understand was installed by a Ford dealer, and has some pointers.

Thanks.

JeronimoJC

Boost Hunter
Reaction score
Yes. Also, regular (not the after market alarm fobs) work fine. They lock and unlock as usual.

Any other ideas?

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
it really sounds like you have a bad remote. since pressing the valet button will let you start the car
have you pulled the remote apart and checked for any broken solder joints?

JeronimoJC

Boost Hunter
Reaction score
it really sounds like you have a bad remote. since pressing the valet button will let you start the car
have you pulled the remote apart and checked for any broken solder joints?

Found the problem. A loose wire in the valet button area. Thanks for your posts.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom