• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help: Broken Tailgate Latch

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I went out to my truck this morning to load up our suitcases and head fishing. When I pulled the handle, something plastic sounded like it broke and the handle is floppy and won't open the tailgate. Problem is my truxedo cover is fully latched and closed, all of my fishing and boat gear is in the truck bed as well.

Is there a way I can get this tailgate open without having to cut my truxedo cover off and ruin it? How can I get this tailgate open? Thanks for the help.

SleeperLS

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Oct 19, 2008
West of the Mississippi
I broke off the handle and took a peek inside. I got lucky and stuck a screw driver in that slot, pushed toward the middle of the gate, and it opened right up. Now I just need to find a replacement handle. Thanks again for the tips gents. I was ready to rip that soft top off with my hands given how shitty this weekend trip went.

208e4448432a81ee7f30d8a27a6beebf.jpg

80eb035419f7ff5c71cdfb65111ee871.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info