• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Help a friend get a cobra!!!

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
Hey everyone my buddy at work is trying to buy an 03/04 cobra, he found one but since it is a private seller the bank can only do a 48 month lease so his payments would be just outta his range. Does anyone know of any that are at a dealership with under 50,000 miles and has mods already done to it? Im not sure how high he is willing to go but the one he was looking at was like 22K or something around there. Thanks for the help guys!!!

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Any dealer wiill push a car through for a small fee. I'm asking $25,000.00 or best so lets talk. All you need is their power to get the financing, and that shouldn't cost much. I have an 03 for sale with all the right mods and plenty of reconditioning to be PERFECT for a new buyer.

Satin Silver, stage 5 ported blower, 500RWHP, and loved since I brought it home in June of 02.

Come check it out, the list of mods is too long to print right off the top of my head. You can see it below about to scratch off low 11's.

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
Yeah you got a good point there I dont know why i didnt think of that...I let him look at your post and he didnt really say much cuz I think he is trying to figure it all out again cuz he had it figured out then the bank gave him this jibber jabber but if your car is still for sale in a two months I myself might be interested

Since 1964

TCG Elite Member
May 26, 2004
Yeah you got a good point there I dont know why i didnt think of that...I let him look at your post and he didnt really say much cuz I think he is trying to figure it all out again cuz he had it figured out then the bank gave him this jibber jabber but if your car is still for sale in a two months I myself might be interested

There's man who posts on here as SLASH. What ever we need to do can be done by him, he is the CAR GOD. Many of us have been fortunate to do deals with him, and he's a smart buyer, I mean that. Have your friend get to know him as well as yourself and let him know what you are trying to do. He can help you.

SLASH

God bless our troops.
Jun 20, 2005
There's man who posts on here as SLASH. What ever we need to do can be done by him, he is the CAR GOD. Many of us have been fortunate to do deals with him, and he's a smart buyer, I mean that. Have your friend get to know him as well as yourself and let him know what you are trying to do. He can help you.

lol thanks for the kudos dennis!:headbang:

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
Hey Slash I remember seeing you on here back when I still had my lightning and remember the solid reputation you already had back then. Right now he is just trying to figure out the financing aspect of it so he can make sure he can afford it. He found one on craigslist that he likes its an 04 with a KB already but he is having trouble getting the financing since its a private seller and its 5 years old. He can only get a loan for 42 months unless he gets a warranty then its 48 months. So now we are just trying to figure out how to get him this car with a affordable payment. Thanks for any help you have and thanks for all the help and replies to everyone!

ORANGE SVT

Jun 4, 2009
I went though this problem a few months ago when i bought my cobra as well. I bought the car from a private owner in detroit. I went through bank of america for a loan. they will do up to 72 months. I did an on-line application and the sent me the paperwork and a check with the owners name on it.

03lightning

boot scootin boogey
Jul 1, 2005
He found one that he is going to look at this week so hopefully it works out for him..supposedly he joined here so I told him to post something up in here and introduce himself so we shall see what happens. thanks again guys and if any of you still have em for sale in a few months I might be the one buying it muahahahaha

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info