👋 INTRO Hello from Alabama

JBeezy

Aug 13, 2019
First off, no I do not have cows and horses in my yard at all. My name is Jay and I’m a proud owner of a 2003 MM. I’ve owned the car 9 years. It currently has 68k miles on the car and 0 miles on the fresh engine. Stock engine broke a ring land last year. Car has been supercharged since 50k miles. I’m running a D1 Procharger. My car has a 3500 stall, 4.10 gears and widened rear wheels. Currently looking for options to upgrade my fuel system. Would like to stay returnless if possible and be around the 500-550 rwhp range. I’ve visited this forum and gathered a lot of information in the past.

JBeezy

Aug 13, 2019
Thanks for the warm welcome. I learned about this site when doing a rear cooling mod while installing the Procharger. I used seiges routing method if I remember correctly which brought me here.

Here’s a few pics. If you seen one you’ve seen them all I guess

cf1f2e7d970c94a45710046538235978.jpg

ceedf47e00506ea5d26644be22318692.jpg

b8f2d2efb0e96efd64b8f4ed97095042.jpg

3c71d358a3e7e7d7cdd90ba98a8dbd8d.jpg

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
Welcome to the site, you don't mention what fuel system your running now. I'd would guyss you have something to up the fuel with running the D1 previously.

Trying to remember the options from my old mod motor days, dual cobra pumps plus boost a pump should get you to your rwhp requirements. Should be running at least 60# injectors as well.

There are other options that are single pump that will fit the factory basket, Aviator pump + BaP were a popular choice but reliability was iffy.

JBeezy

Aug 13, 2019
Welcome to the site, you don't mention what fuel system your running now. I'd would guyss you have something to up the fuel with running the D1 previously.

Trying to remember the options from my old mod motor days, dual cobra pumps plus boost a pump should get you to your rwhp requirements. Should be running at least 60# injectors as well.

There are other options that are single pump that will fit the factory basket, Aviator pump + BaP were a popular choice but reliability was iffy.

I was previously running 7-8 psi with an AEM320 pump and 4.0 pulley on the D1. I do have 60# injectors. Since I’ve dropped in the new engine and got it running on Sunday, I installed the 3.85 pulley. Not sure how much difference that will make from a boost perspective

Curious of how you ran dual pumps in tank. Allll the details please sir

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
I was previously running 7-8 psi with an AEM320 pump and 4.0 pulley on the D1. I do have 60# injectors. Since I’ve dropped in the new engine and got it running on Sunday, I installed the 3.85 pulley. Not sure how much difference that will make from a boost perspective

Curious of how you ran dual pumps in tank. Allll the details please sir

You will need a basket that is setup for dual pumps if you don't want any modifications. There are "kits out there" to turn a single basket setup to a dual. I have no experience with those but there is plenty of info on the web.

I went with the mustang dual steeda basket (this was before the focus and cobra pumps were available). I then later just upgraded the pumps in the basket and added a Kenne Bell Boost a pump when I still needed a bit more.

Maybe one of the other mustang guys who still is current can tell you which single pump is the best nowadays but a single pump replacement + BaP can get you what you need for lower cost.

JBeezy

Aug 13, 2019
You will need a basket that is setup for dual pumps if you don't want any modifications. There are "kits out there" to turn a single basket setup to a dual. I have no experience with those but there is plenty of info on the web.

I went with the mustang dual steeda basket (this was before the focus and cobra pumps were available). I then later just upgraded the pumps in the basket and added a Kenne Bell Boost a pump when I still needed a bit more.

Maybe one of the other mustang guys who still is current can tell you which single pump is the best nowadays but a single pump replacement + BaP can get you what you need for lower cost.

I’ll look into that. I do have a BAP, but was told not to use it with a high draw pump like I have. I also have a modified FPDM

Thread Info