Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I need the autobahn!
Very cool

I concur. TCG needs to pool its money to buy and build TCGLand. All highways will be unrestricted speed limits. All cars will be subject to inspections for modifications. Cars found without modifications will be seized and sent to the nearest speed shop for correction.

On the real note. I believe it is common courtesy on the autobahn to use the left turn signal when you are in the left lane doing warp speed. It lets people know that you ram a green rocket right up their ass if they don't move over.

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
I concur. TCG needs to pool its money to buy and build TCGLand. All highways will be unrestricted speed limits. All cars will be subject to inspections for modifications. Cars found without modifications will be seized and sent to the nearest speed shop for correction.

On the real note. I believe it is common courtesy on the autobahn to use the left turn signal when you are in the left lane doing warp speed. It lets people know that you ram a green rocket right up their ass if they don't move over.
Yeah I read that the actual "speed limit" is 80mph but no one does that. Your also never allowed to pass on the right for safety.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
They have speed limits on the autobahn. But certain sections use electronic speed limit signs that can change to match conditions. If they have road works going on you might be limited to 60-80mph. If its unrestricted they use a different sign.

Then again. Germany's road and inspection laws are way stricter then ours. And if you pass on the right and a cop sees it. You will get a ticket for it. Unlike here in IL where it's still illegal bit cops couldn't care less about enforcing it. Would be nice if they'd kick slowpokes out of the left lane too.

Primalzer

TCG Elite Member
Sep 14, 2006
They have speed limits on the autobahn. But certain sections use electronic speed limit signs that can change to match conditions. If they have road works going on you might be limited to 60-80mph. If its unrestricted they use a different sign.

Then again. Germany's road and inspection laws are way stricter then ours. And if you pass on the right and a cop sees it. You will get a ticket for it. Unlike here in IL where it's still illegal bit cops couldn't care less about enforcing it. Would be nice if they'd kick slowpokes out of the left lane too.

There fines for those sorts of things are also MUCH more than they are here...I thought I had read once that its a 2000 Euro fine for distracted driving. They take driving much more seriously than we do over here.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Just cruising at 118 for the majority - no sweat.

Coming back from Cordova dragway I thought I was just cruising along at slightly faster than the speed limit. When I looked down I realized I was doing 100+

Pretty much kept up the same pace from the drag strip all the way to I-80.

The ST is just so damned quiet at speed.

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
Unlike here in IL where it's still illegal bit cops couldn't care less about enforcing it. Would be nice if they'd kick slowpokes out of the left lane too.

bullshit, 11-701(D) everyday I work..............you get a 1/2 mile, and if you dont move, your getting paper..........It amazes me that the overwhelming majority of people on the road, shouldnt be................

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
bullshit, 11-701(D) everyday I work..............you get a 1/2 mile, and if you dont move, your getting paper..........It amazes me that the overwhelming majority of people on the road, shouldnt be................

I get it if traffic is that backed up that every lane is jammed. But people sit in the left lane for no damned reason and if it was something that actually was enforced they wouldn't do it.

I've politely used my left turn signal to get them to move over, but hey, they don't look in their mirrors either. Lemmings.

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
I get it if traffic is that backed up that every lane is jammed. But people sit in the left lane for no damned reason and if it was something that actually was enforced they wouldn't do it.

I've politely used my left turn signal to get them to move over, but hey, they don't look in their mirrors either. Lemmings.

Agreed; but ive seen people at 3am, 4 laned expressway at 5 under the limit just sitting in the left lane. We enforce it much more than you would think, but that doesnt make up for the sheer stupidity of the majority of people driving..........Every person I stop for this violation says "I didnt know that was the law". Well, guess what, they make side streets for people like you.........

Ive seen many judges throw the ticket out because "I dont believe in this law"........

These left lane hogs are the same jags that scott's law our ass all the time. How the fuck do you not know its the law to move over when you see an emergency vehicle parked? People are stupid and its too easy to get a drivers license..........

dberz94

Professional Slacker
Feb 14, 2015
These left lane hogs are the same jags that scott's law our ass all the time. How the fuck do you not know its the law to move over when you see an emergency vehicle parked? People are stupid and its too easy to get a drivers license..........

Are you talking about the one lane rule for the people pulled over on the shoulder? Cause that one is always broken, and I agree its pretty dangerous.

093LZ

Regular
May 16, 2012
Are you talking about the one lane rule for the people pulled over on the shoulder? Cause that one is always broken, and I agree its pretty dangerous.

thats the one.............if you cant move over, you need to reduce your speed, which almost everyone does. But people think just because they reduce their speed, that they dont have to move over. When I ask people if they were out here changing their tire, how does it make you feel when someone rocks your car because they didnt move over? Then they get it.............

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info