• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Hellcat Brembo Pad Replacement options

GLADIATOR

aka STROKE-KING
TCG Premium
Mar 29, 2004
New Lenox IL
My neighbor owns a 2018 Jeep GC Trackhawk. He asked me to replace his Brembo pads because he was quoted $2500 at the dealer. The dealer won’t just replace the pads and will only do the job if he replaces rotors. Rotors look fine and pads are at half-life. My question is what pads have you guys used for replacements? Obviously a ceramic to eliminate the dust but just looking for opinions on brands used.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
I put the Powerstop Z26 on both my HC and TH and loved them. Zero dust and stopped just as good as the Brembos
Pending how your buddy drives he could get away with the Z23 if he isnt extremely hard on his brakes.
Once in a while the Z26's might squeel first few stops of the day but then goes away
See below for the difference between the 2

• Z23 and Z26 use the same friction material in the pad itself
  • They are both low dusting and will dust the same amount as they are the same friction material
  • Backing plate shim on Z23 is rubberized and backing plate shim on Z26 is stainless steel
  • The Z26 pad will tolerate higher heat due to the SS backing plate
  • Both pads are low noise but I would suspect that the Z23 may be even better in the noise department due to the rubberized shim (just a guess here)

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin
Because Brembo... The thing is, Brembo's (much like Wilwood and Baer), make pad changes simple (say to to change out compounds at the track or something...). So labor wise, they aren't that expensive to do. Just remove the metal clip, then tap out the pins...

Anyway, my front's on the Cadillac are getting low. The rotors are fine and for now, I'm just going to do pads, so I just purchased some powerstop's from Rock Auto. They are the Z231001 Evolution Sport, carbon-fiber/ceramic pads.

These won't work for the Trackhawk though as it has the 6 piston mono-block caliper. I have the older 4 piston 2-piece setup. You'd have to get the part number for that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info