• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Heater core flush without garden hose?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
Agreed. It's my brother-in-law's car and he recently changed the thermostat and added coolant. Once I get under the hood I'll re-bleed the system. He says both heater core hoses are hot, which doesn't make the most sense because one should be colder if the core is clogged, right? I'll get my infrared thermometer out there and check the temps of the hoses.

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
are you super sure that the actuator is fully functioning? There has been cases where people improperly install the thermostats facing the wrong way, this will cause slightly overheating and no heat inside. Now, I don't know how this thermostat looks so I don't know if it fits both ways.

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
A hole was cut in the heater box to verify the blend door and actuator's operation. While inside, the heater core was cold even though the car was warmed up. The underhood hoses are all warm and the temp gauge reads normal operating temperature but I'm gonna get a temp reading from under the hood. I guess one of the core hoses was slightly cooler than the other. The car can get an occasional burst of heat but it's mostly cold.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info