3800 headlight problems

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
I had 9005/9006 Silverstar headlight bulbs in my Regal, but they began to start burning out in the last two months. The highs even burnt out around the same time, and they are rarely used compared to the lows. I put them in in the summer time so theyve only been in about 6 months. I had been running them with a headlight harness from suvlights.com, which seemed to have some issues (may have been ground issues) where if I turned on my fogs the bright would come on. This would not happen all the time, but sometimes. I'm wondering what caused this problem?

-Headlight harness too strong for bulbs, or poor grounding even though the bulbs lit up fine and looked great?
-Headlights have condensation problems, but the bulbs didnt burn out when there was condensation in there, and all the bulbs filaments just broke.

I will be getting another headlight harness and using this current one for my new foglights. I may have the wrong harness as I need one that has low on with highs.

Also my turn signal bulbs, well the socket for the one on the driver sad keeps melting the bulbs plug in end and the bulbs eventually end up not working. This happens about once a month.

-Nick

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info

• SaturdaysGS
    Created
    Replies
    Views
  • Participants list