• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

Header install advice

1998pacecar787

Reaction score
I need some advice from somebody who has installed a set of other guys headers. I have been told that I may run into a problem with the tranny dipstick getting in the way of the back header. What can be done to fix this problem? I would be greatful for any help with this. :D

Scott

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
You have to take out and bend the dipstick. Other than that, it shouldnt be that hard.

Be thankful they arent SLP headers.

I

imported_Diavolo

I have a lotek one that I havn't installed yet. Right now I just have my pipe bent, It doesn't hit or anything.

1998pacecar787

Reaction score
Thanks for the quick replies, :D BTW where do I get the lotek dipstick?

Scott

gtphale

Reaction score
Scott when you goto bend the dipstick out don't pull the tube out leave it bolted up. A lot of guys make the mistake of pulling the tube and bending it. Well then they have no idea where to bend it. Get the headers in then put a rachet in the hole of the tube and bend it where you need it to be.

Also in order to make the back header easier to get to use a strap and pull the motor forward will give you and extra 6 inches to work.

Hope that helps Steve

1998pacecar787

Reaction score
Originally posted by gtphale@Jan 30 2005, 02:16 AM
Scott when you goto bend the dipstick out don't pull the tube out leave it bolted up. A lot of guys make the mistake of pulling the tube and bending it. Well then they have no idea where to bend it. Get the headers in then put a rachet in the hole of the tube and bend it where you need it to be.

Also in order to make the back header easier to get to use a strap and pull the motor forward will give you and extra 6 inches to work.

Hope that helps Steve
[snapback]69486[/snapback]​
Steve, thanks for the pointers, this is my first header install, and I want to make sure I'm prepared for anything. :D
Scott

gtphale

Reaction score
just put alot of time aside for it. First time will probably take you about 5 hours. Start soaking the bolts and nuts in pb blaster now. It will help you out alot. Pull the heat shield off of the cross over by the rear manifold there are two bolts there that will need to be soaked they usually just break off. So make sure your using a 1/2 drive on it.

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Scott, if you need a hand, let me know. I always need an excuse to go up there to visit my parents. :D

1998pacecar787

Reaction score
Originally posted by Fish@Jan 31 2005, 10:57 PM
Scott, if you need a hand, let me know. I always need an excuse to go up there to visit my parents. :D
[snapback]69811[/snapback]​
Thanks Brian, :D I will let you know.

Scott

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom