3800 Header install advice

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
Scott when you goto bend the dipstick out don't pull the tube out leave it bolted up. A lot of guys make the mistake of pulling the tube and bending it. Well then they have no idea where to bend it. Get the headers in then put a rachet in the hole of the tube and bend it where you need it to be.

Also in order to make the back header easier to get to use a strap and pull the motor forward will give you and extra 6 inches to work.

Hope that helps Steve

Jul 9, 2008
Originally posted by gtphale@Jan 30 2005, 02:16 AM
Scott when you goto bend the dipstick out don't pull the tube out leave it bolted up. A lot of guys make the mistake of pulling the tube and bending it. Well then they have no idea where to bend it. Get the headers in then put a rachet in the hole of the tube and bend it where you need it to be.

Also in order to make the back header easier to get to use a strap and pull the motor forward will give you and extra 6 inches to work.

Hope that helps Steve
[snapback]69486[/snapback]​
Steve, thanks for the pointers, this is my first header install, and I want to make sure I'm prepared for anything. :D
Scott

gtphale

TCG Elite Member
Nov 9, 2008
Aurora
just put alot of time aside for it. First time will probably take you about 5 hours. Start soaking the bolts and nuts in pb blaster now. It will help you out alot. Pull the heat shield off of the cross over by the rear manifold there are two bolts there that will need to be soaked they usually just break off. So make sure your using a 1/2 drive on it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info