• đź’ˇ Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

🔧 Technical HDMI streaming dongle

Ron Vogel

TCG Elite Member
Jul 12, 2007
Aurora
Real Name
Ron Vogel
Looking to add a non-dvd media player to my wife’s van. I see a few out there, and need a little guidance to add streaming to it.

so I see a few HDMI dongles like Roku, etc. I’m thinking of using my mobile hotspot to run it, or just casting to a device.

DVD sucks on the road. They skip and freeze, get scratches and you have to store them. Really like to get away from that. The DVDless screens are slimmer too, so I can put in a bigger screen without it being an eyesore.

any suggestions or insights?

GoldPanther

♫Please press 1 for more options♫
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2013
Addison
Real Name
Daniel
I've been running an android radio for about a year, one of those chinese Eincar brands cheap, all I do is open the wifi on my phone and share it to the radio and and good to stream Hulu, I must mention I'm only able to stream Hulu in real good receptions areas, I was able to find netflex on the app store not sure why. youtube pffff all the time no issues. those radios have video outputs in case you want to install extra screens.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info