• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

HB1469 - BANS High cap mags and body armor

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
HB1469ham001 100TH GENERAL ASSEMBLY

New legislation introduced to ban high capacity magazines (class 2 felony to own or sell) and body armor (class 3 to own or sell) in the name of this Captain who was gunned down in Chicago a couple weeks ago.

Really? What an opportunistic action to take. One police Captain goes down, and meaningless legislation must be introduced. How does limiting the law abiding citizen's right to self defense via mag capacity or the ability to own body armor (you know, the same stuff people have suggested KIDS WEAR TO SCHOOL IN THEIR BACKPACKS as an alternative to arming licensed school officials) limits save future lives? No idea how many times we have to say, criminals don't care about laws.

Meanwhile Chicago overall boasts the following stats:

2018 Year to Date
Shot & Killed:*67
Shot & Wounded:*284
Total Shot:*351
Total Homicides:*80

Final 2017 Totals
Shot & Killed:*625
Shot & Wounded:*2936
Total Shot:*3561
Total Homicides:*679

What has been done about this?

START PROSECUTING FIREARM FELONIES! Do not pardon firearms offenses and sentences. Come down on straw purchase sellers. Enforce what is on the books today to its fullest extent. Do not parole violent drug dealers with a history of unlawful firearm violations like Shomari Legghette who gunned down Captain Bauer. Stop using criminal animals like Shomari Legghette to strip law abiding citizen's of their rights.

Most importantly, stop waving some new legislation about as if it's going to make a difference when the laws that are there today can be more effective in curbing the violence in Chicago.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Except as provided in subsection (c) of this Section,
13 90 days after the effective date of this amendatory Act of the
14 100th General Assembly, it is unlawful for any person within
15 this State to knowingly deliver, sell, purchase, or possess or
16 cause to be delivered, sold, or purchased a large capacity
17 ammunition feeding device.
Looks like we won't be grandfathered in either. What a joke!

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Got my witness slips filled out. Everyone on social media is all up in arms about gun control, yet the opponents almost always outweigh the proponents on these witness slips.

Eagle

Nemo me impune lacessit
Super Moderator
Reaction score
There's about 33% support for hb1469 right now. That seems higher than usual.

importcrew

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Donating Member
Reaction score
I also shared it on my facebook page as well as my facebook profile. How many people it'll reach, who knows. But hopefully it opens some people's eyes that are usually the ones who don't like to fill these things out.

Lead Pipe

I'm Tiny Riiiiiiiiick
Reaction score
Why do you need body armor or 10+ round mags? Keep the children safe.

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Call to Action! Witness Slips Needed – Illinois Gun Owners Rights

Looks like they're trying to slip something in with FOIDs on another bill as well, stating that FOID applicants must submit evidence to the State Police that they haven't been in a mental institution within the past 10 years (How the hell do you prove that other than saying you havent been in one?) and that The department may order an applicant or current FOID card holder to undergo a mental health screening.

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
They're going to throw as much as they can out there and see what sticks, with the ultimate goal of taking away as many gun rights as they can.

People that believe their ultimate goal is not to completely ban guns are naive. If they thought they could get the votes, they would...

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
5 bills total. I saw about that HB1664 on Illinois carry earlier. Didn’t realize it wasn’t in this thread. Good catch.

Bruce Jibboo

Reaction score
Funny all those Chicago gun death stats have almost nothing to do with high capacity magazines and body armor. Thugs in Chicago keep it real and don't need all that.

DEEZUZ

Escrow shortage crew
Donating Member
Reaction score
Guys if you want to comply and be legal, I will pay pennies on the dollar for your high cap mags and any sort of armor

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
Likely buying into paranoia at this point, but ordered the receiver set for the second build I was planning anyway. :rofl:

Ryan02Stang

Reaction score
Likely buying into paranoia at this point, but ordered the receiver set for the second build I was planning anyway. :rofl:
I ordered a new lower and a few new mags. Told the wife I had to since they might get banned. She didn't even question me for a second. It was amazing!

BADAZZTEALCOBRA

Donating Member
Reaction score
The problem with that is, they might not grandfather them in this time around.
I still dont even know how they would enforce that? Going door to door to look for magazines that are currently standard capacity but now they deem them high capacity?

BeerOrGasoline

Me & Dead Owls Don't Give a Hoot.
Reaction score
I sold all my guns and other items aforementioned in this thread that could potentially be deemed illegal in the near future.

stan5050

Reaction score
I still dont even know how they would enforce that? Going door to door to look for magazines that are currently standard capacity but now they deem them high capacity?
I agree but I’d probably move before risking that. Also, what about the countless 80% lowers that are probably here? It’s stupid and unenforceable.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom