šŸ’ NHL Hawks Thread | Hockey Talk

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
We are going to have to get rid of some guys eventually and the men on the chopping block are Barker, Versteeg, Buff, Ladd, and Sharp.

Kovy's contract is up after this year, but we would not have the money to sign him next year. While exciting as it may be to land Kovy, I think we are just fine in the scoring department. I sure am curious what a line with Hossa on the right wing, Kovy on the left, and Bolland at center could do though. I would not want to mess too much with team chemistry right now.

The only thing I would like to see added would be a nice big power forward. If we had to get rid of some people I would get rid of them in this order:

1: Sharp
2: Barker
3: Ladd
4: Buff
5: Versteeg

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
We are going to have to get rid of some guys eventually and the men on the chopping block are Barker, Versteeg, Buff, Ladd, and Sharp.

Kovy's contract is up after this year, but we would not have the money to sign him next year. While exciting as it may be to land Kovy, I think we are just fine in the scoring department. I sure am curious what a line with Hossa on the right wing, Kovy on the left, and Bolland at center could do though. I would not want to mess too much with team chemistry right now.

The only thing I would like to see added would be a nice big power forward. If we had to get rid of some people I would get rid of them in this order:

1: Sharp
2: Barker
3: Ladd
4: Buff
5: Versteeg

id swap barker and ladd but beyond that, thats how id do it also. sharp is gonna be the one to guy im pretty sure of that. it sucks but hes got the most money tied up and is the one who they can part with without any major effect.

as for the kovy idea, how bad ass would it be with a line of hossa and kovy on there. that line alone would be such a thread to score as soon as they touch the ice. kovy has scored the most goals in the last few years as anyone in the nhl, hes a pure goal scorer. hes ovechkin without the hitting and running around as much. they could take him on this year for playoff run if they wanted without any problems. doubt it would happen but it would be awesome to see their line up. they would be putting up 10 goals a game :rofl:

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
didnt versteeg resign last yr ? they could rework sharpie's contract, " home town " discount.
i wasnt a fan of buff last year, but he has played well this year.

i didnt think we were that far off the cap... sitting around 61 mil and it may go down to 56.7 or some shit

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4312717

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I say we run with what we have as well, things are going too good right now. Our team is firing on all cylinders and I would hate to have someone come in and ruin the chemistry.

Who knows though, someone might offer us a trade that can remove cap pressure for next year and we might take it.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
I say we run with what we have as well, things are going too good right now. Our team is firing on all cylinders and I would hate to have someone come in and ruin the chemistry.

Who knows though, someone might offer us a trade that can remove cap pressure for next year and we might take it.

yeah, i hear the whole not messing with anything, but they want to try to get something in return for a trade which is the only reason you may see someone go. if the trade deadline comes and goes and we dont trade someone, its gonna suck to have to just let go of someone like sharp and get nothing in return at all. maybe they will sign niedermeier and kovy both :bowrofl:

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
The Hawks are downright scary. How crappy is it for other teams to know that a 2 or 3 goal lead means nothing against this team?? I all I know is that I love it!!!

After this coming Thursday game against the Blue Jackets, it will be a long 8 game road trip. I am very interested to see how we do!

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
they were number 3 offensively and number 1 defensively as of a few days ago. as csn chicago pointed out, when detroit was the best team in the league and won all their cups, they were number 1 in both offense and defense, something the hawks are pretty much at. this looks good for big picture.

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
when they played on vs last tuesday they had some crazystats,
at the time they were 17-4-1 in their last 22 games, outscored opposnents 74-39 in those games and have a + 347 shot differential !!!!!!!!!!!!

closest team to that was detroit with like +180 or so

yeah their shot diff was crazy, its still pretty huge, but i know they have lost a few shots per game overall. they are still at the top of the league in both shots for/against

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
atleast theres another game tomorrow to shake off this game. i had a feeling about this game. they gotta get unlucky at some point and sure enough. oh well. got a point atleast and are still unbeaten in regulation. gotta go rape the ducks tomorrow now.

time to find some beer and wash away this game from memory :coold:

Thread Info