šŸ’ NHL Hawks Thread | Hockey Talk

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
last night was an awesome game, although the late game scoring by nashville was a bit unsettling. the 2 goals by madden and the game winner by kane, gotta love hawks hockey !!!!

Yeah, when Nashville scored the 2 goals to tie it, it seemed as though Nashville had taken the momentum back. Thank goodness for Kane's game winner!

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"It's snowing in the pines" ... Alabama ... 'Christmas In Dixie'

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
so does anyone in here have any thoughts on the olympics ?
and how it could phack our stanley cup dreams ?

I like hockey in the Olympics and it is a really big deal for NHL players to represent their countries. It shows how diverse the sport is and it pulls players from all over the world. Yes it does come with some danger as our best players will be playing and stand the chance to get injured. I am not worried about it though, we have depth on our team and injuries are not a guarantee.

Canada's team is stacked, they look the best to me on paper. I am excited to see how things play out in Vancouver!

awesome game tonight in st louis !

One of the most intense games I have seen in a while!! I knew the score prior to watching it, but looking at all of the penalties handed out on the recap I knew it was going to be interesting.

Hawks are playing out of their minds right now and lighting the lamp a ton!

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
i gotta admit, if you had asked me 2 or 3 years ago that we would see the hawks as the best team in the whole league, i woulda thought you were crazy, i saw them maybe leading the division for a few years but all the way to the top of the league. shits crazy. :bowdown: i expected another year or two before we were the best. but ill take it already, just means we are ahead of schedule :coold:

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
lots of monies ? i would be careful since they need to keep the "core" or as jerry angelo says " nucleus " together since the cap may go down next year......

i would hate for them to lose burish ( one of my guys ) @ like 750K or a guy like sharp who is getting around 4 mil ? or so............

i think stan will figure something out to keep the majority of the crew..... even though his play has gotten better, i wouldnt mind if campbell got dealt

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
I wouldnt be surprised if they grabbed another good player before the deadline. They have lots of monies!

it would have to be someone with a contract ending and they have no intention of keeping, cause as of right now, dont expect to see a few of their players there next year, rumor is it will be sharp or possibly buff or versteeg. since they are about to have some cap issues after this year

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
:rofl: just saw this, i really dont see any truth to it at all, but that would be such overkill for one team to have that much scoring power :eek3:

Rumors start brewing in Chicago...According to ESPN, the Blackhawks and Thrashers are talking about a proposed trade that would send Patrick Sharp and Kris Versteeg to Atlanta and bring Ilya Kovalchuk to Chicago.

i dont believe a word of it and dont expect anything to come of it, but funny to read

Thread Info