šŸ’ NHL Hawks Thread | Hockey Talk

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Right but does Mac being on ice, out of play, influence the goal?

It does because you can't have 6 players (not counting the goalie) on the ice at the same time. If MacKinnon is skating to the bench slow, technically Kadri shouldn't even be on the ice, especially not in the play/touching the puck. If it was a defenseman not influencing the play, I would say not such a big deal.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I didnā€™t see the play, but during a change you might have 6 or 7 guys technically on the ice. Itā€™s not considered ā€œtoo many menā€ unless one of those extra guys touch the puck or are far enough off of the bench to be in the play.
Yup. I was always taught to wait until the player coming off the ice is within 5 feet of the bench before hopping over the boards. As long as that player coming off the ice doesn't get hit with the puck or cause any interference with the play, there's no problem.

In this case it looks like there could have been a legit too many many penalty. Regardless, Tampa should have played better in OT. The final goal was a strong one man effort from Kadri. Sure he received a great pass, but from the blue line to the net, it was a one man show and he finished it.

Officiating has absolutely sucked throughout the playoffs. It's been very inconsistent with what gets called and what doesn't.

Reactions: greasy and Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Yup. I was always taught to wait until the player coming off the ice is within 5 feet of the bench before hopping over the boards. As long as that player coming off the ice doesn't get hit with the puck or cause any interference with the play, there's no problem.

In this case it looks like there could have been a legit too many many penalty. Regardless, Tampa should have played better in OT. The final goal was a strong one man effort from Kadri. Sure he received a great pass, but from the blue line to the net, it was a one man show and he finished it.

Officiating has absolutely sucked throughout the playoffs. It's been very inconsistent with what gets called and what doesn't.
Officiating has been garbage, for sure.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Well then I guess poor TB best win on Friday. Fuck em. Officials missed a call, not like the Avs were planning on pulling a goal out of their ass by a carefully planned scheme. Everyone clearly wants the bolts to win. I hope the Avs absolutely destroy them tomorrow.
That's how I'm looking at it. Sometimes a call goes in your favor and other times it doesn't. I hate all of the video reviews happening across sports now.

If TB's defense didn't let Kadri walk right into the net, the game may have had a different outcome.

Reactions: greasy and Mook

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
That's how I'm looking at it. Sometimes a call goes in your favor and other times it doesn't. I hate all of the video reviews happening across sports now.

If TB's defense didn't let Kadri walk right into the net, the game may have had a different outcome.
Absolutely

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Animated GIF

Thread Info