šŸ’ NHL Hawks Thread | Hockey Talk

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
New ice boots Bauer Nexus 2Nā€™s are in and about to be converted to roller. Was using the Supremes but ended up switching to the Nexus line for more foot volume. Pumped to use them, nice skate. Just waiting on my chassis to arrive from Sweden.

16DDC42A-A0A5-45E5-AE0B-BB36853938F6.jpeg
D67BB44C-EE4F-4356-964A-9FD249AF52F9.jpeg
CBE3CC95-F397-4FD1-AE41-D72A0D7675C8.jpeg

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
New ice boots Bauer Nexus 2Nā€™s are in and about to be converted to roller. Was using the Supremes but ended up switching to the Nexus line for more foot volume. Pumped to use them, nice skate. Just waiting on my chassis to arrive from Sweden.

View attachment 66036View attachment 66037View attachment 66038

I'm hoping to snag a deal in some new skates by the time hockey starts again.

I'm wearing Graf G5s. I miraculously found a new old stock pair on eBay a couple years ago for dirt cheap in my size. I've been wearing Graf 705s or G5s since I was in Junior high. My foot shape has changed and they aren't comfortable anymore. Plus it's probably time to try some new technology.

IMG_20171127_181929_729.jpg

Reactions: greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I'm hoping to snag a deal in some new skates by the time hockey starts again.

I'm wearing Graf G5s. I miraculously found a new old stock pair on eBay a couple years ago for dirt cheap in my size. I've been wearing Graf 705s or G5s since I was in Junior high. My foot shape has changed and they aren't comfortable anymore. Plus it's probably time to try some new technology.

View attachment 66052

I was always tempted to pull the trigger on some Graf skates but never did. How is the fit profile for them? Kind of a moot point now though that Graf is gone.

The Supremes used to fit me well, but I feel they got a little more narrow over the years. I could never fit into Vapors ? My current Supremes felt great at the store when I tried them on, but as they formed to my feet I felt like I had too much room between my toes and the front of the boot. I like my toes to almost be touching. I bought these Nexusā€™s skates a half size smaller and out of the box my toes were touching the skate cap. After a baking session they are just shy of touching which is perfect.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I was always tempted to pull the trigger on some Graf skates but never did. How is the fit profile for them? Kind of a moot point now though that Graf is gone.

The Supremes used to fit me well, but I feel they got a little more narrow over the years. I could never fit into Vapors ? My current Supremes felt great at the store when I tried them on, but as they formed to my feet I felt like I had too much room between my toes and the front of the boot. I like my toes to almost be touching. I bought these Nexusā€™s skates a half size smaller and out of the box my toes were touching the skate cap. After a baking session they are just shy of touching which is perfect.

I always liked Graf because they had several different models, each with a different fit profile. The 705/G5 is kind of a medium width, medium depth. Probably most similar to the older CCM Tacks. I also have a pair of 709s that I wore for a bit when I was younger. Those are their deep fitting boot, similar to an older Bauer Supreme. I have a tall instep and am getting lace bite now from my G5s.

I'm probably going to take a look at the Bauer 2S or 2N depending on what feels better. I see Pure Hockey has a sale on skates right now, but I'm going to hold out for a bit. I have a feeling there will be some smokin' deals towards the end of winter or spring.

I've been on the ice one time since March and it was brutal. In late July/early August, my local rink opened up and had a men's league tournament. I was only able to play in one of the games. It felt great to be out there, but my home workouts definitely weren't cutting it as far as keeping my legs lol. I was pretty slow in the 3rd period :LOL:.

• Haha
Reactions: greasy

Thread Info