šŸ’ NHL Hawks Thread | Hockey Talk

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
better get those hockey sticks!

This is no joke. I ordered a stick two weeks ago and got an email from the manufacturer telling me it may be delayed 5 weeks beyond the normal lead time.

Dear Valued Customer

Thank you for purchasing a MYBAUER custom stick. We are unfortunately experiencing unforeseen delays. The imposed government shutdown in China has affected much of the world, and consequently, parts of our Supply Chain. This situation is unfortunate and out of our control. We have been advised that the shutdown will be prolonged until at least February 17th. This situation is fluid and we are doing everything possible to mitigate disruption to the supply of custom sticks.

We appreciate that this is an important part of the season. Please know that the BAUER team is taking all the steps it can to minimize impact to players. We will continue to provide you with updates as new information becomes available. Our regular delivery expectation on custom sticks is 35 days from the date your order is placed however, at this point, the information available to us is that your expected delivery date will be delayed by an estimated 5 weeks.

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
WOW... 35 days + 5 weeks.... fuck thats a long time to get a hockey stick.

could probably chop down a tree and hand whittling one faster

Probably lol. Technology in hockey sticks is insane these days. They are made out of carbon fiber. It's hard to even find a wooden stick on store shelves these days.

To make it worse, manufacturers are starting to push people into ordering custom sticks. You really have to plan in advance to make sure you have an extra or two on hand if one breaks.

• Wow
Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
Probably lol. Technology in hockey sticks is insane these days. They are made out of carbon fiber. It's hard to even find a wooden stick on store shelves these days.

To make it worse, manufacturers are starting to push people into ordering custom sticks. You really have to plan in advance to make sure you have an extra or two on hand if one breaks.

I never buy new models of hockey sticks, way too overpriced. I am always shopping the 1-2 year old models and stocking up on great sticks when I find deals. I just took advantage a few months ago on the True 6.0 Hair Trigger Low Kickpoint stick, thing is fucking amazing. When they first came out they were like $260ish, I picked up 3 sticks on sale for around $100 a stick. Now it probably makes it easier that I use an unpopular curve, heel curve with open toe.

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I never buy new models of hockey sticks, way too overpriced. I am always shopping the 1-2 year old models and stocking up on great sticks when I find deals. I just took advantage a few months ago on the True 6.0 Hair Trigger Low Kickpoint stick, thing is fucking amazing. When they first came out they were like $260ish, I picked up 3 sticks on sale for around $100 a stick. Now it probably makes it easier that I use an unpopular curve, heel curve with open toe.

My issue is I use a curve that a lot of the manufacturers have phased out. I've been using a PM9 forever. I can't find them on store shelves. Last year I got lucky and found an old stock 2017 Nexus 1N with a PM9 on clearance. Now I've given in and just ordered my second 2N Pro.

I'm hesitant to try out new blade patterns at this point. Even cheaper sticks are $150+. I don't want to spend that much and end up not using it.

Reactions: greasy

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
My issue is I use a curve that a lot of the manufacturers have phased out. I've been using a PM9 forever. I can't find them on store shelves. Last year I got lucky and found an old stock 2017 Nexus 1N with a PM9 on clearance. Now I've given in and just ordered my second 2N Pro.

I'm hesitant to try out new blade patterns at this point. Even cheaper sticks are $150+. I don't want to spend that much and end up not using it.

I hear you man, the slightest variations just throw me off.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

Tight Lines

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 18, 2014
Missouri

I got a half dozen wood sticks in the basement from the late 80ā€™sm early 90ā€™s if you need one....?

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
I got a half dozen wood sticks in the basement from the late 80ā€™sm early 90ā€™s if you need one....?

I used to use the good old Sherwood 5030 Featherlight Coffey curve back in the day :LOL::LOL::LOL: Those sticks turned into twizzlers after about 2-3 games, but they were dirt cheap. I actually like using a low flex shaft nowadays, 75 Flex. Back in college I used a 120 Flex stick cut down, no clue how I got shots off with that flex!

• Haha
Reactions: Tight Lines

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: greasy

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
Vegas is going to beat the Hawks up physically. The Hawks came out strong in the first period, but looked outworked in the second half of the game. Losing races to pucks, losing corner battles.

I was happy to see the Hawks advance, even though they don't deserve a playoff spot. The Hawks don't need Alex Lefreniere. They don't need another forward. They need to restructure their defense. Playoff experience for younger guys like Dach, Strome, Kubalik, DeBrincat, and Adam Boqvist is a good thing for team development.

Thread Info