šŸ’ NHL Hawks Thread | Hockey Talk

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
GF works for Panasonic and they have a box @ the UC. They offer the employees free tickets when they're available. Usually the offer comes on the day of the game around 3PM. Well, yesterday she got the offer and both of us had plans. I'm still pissed about it..
you didnt miss much, so don't worry

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

I tell you what, if a player that wins 3 Cups leaves for a couple of bucks, see you!!! don't let the door hit you in the ass!!
Especially after seeing the team torn apart after every Cup because of money.
Other players take a cut to win, or a good chance to win.
If they absolutely demanded the 13.9 MILLION, and big cap hit, instead of taking a winning attitude friendly 7-8 MILLION and actually get out there and work a little during your height of popularity to make the money you think you deserve, we don't need them, since you can't win anyway with the 2 contracts making it impossible!!

Big picture time, do you want to win, keep the dynasty, go for history, or make a few extra bucks??

Gav'sPurpleZ

If you fail to plan, you're planning to fail
TCG Sponsor
TCG Premium
Mar 3, 2008
Pingree Grove IL
The organIzation offered them the money.
Professional athletes have agents and the agents job is to get them the most money. IT happens in all sports.
The player can state that they want to stay with the team but the bargaining table is the agent and the GM.

I doubt they purposely drained the hawks for all of the salary cap money. They saw what happened after the first cup so to think it's 19 and 88 making selfish decisions, i beg to differ.

Bowman also signed Seabrook to an AWFUL contract. They can't give it away, so is it the player being greedy ?
They traded draft picks and minor league talent for guys who were rental players to win championships.

Lots of moving parts here, not just 2 contracts

MrDragster1970

TCG Elite Member
Dec 18, 2011
RT 66 area

I agree, I don't know how the contracts came to be.
All I'm saying is they should have known it would destroy the team, but so did losing a bunch of high picks.
We can not assume they demanded it, and I've posted many times, the Seabrook deal was even worse.
I know they were repaying him for services rendered at a discount, but damn, that was a brutal decision :(

How many playoff games have they won again since the Toews & kane deal?? I forget.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
1582824921006.png

giphy.gif

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
:bowrofl:

TRAGEDY
"We'll see how long it lasts," Eichel said. "Hopefully not too long. Obviously, I go through sticks pretty quickly."

Eichel estimates he goes through 100 sticks a season, and he's not alone. Dallas Stars center Tyler Seguin changes sticks each game and was worried enough about running out that he stopped at his mom's house outside Toronto before a game against the Maple Leafs to pick up two more, just in case.

Thread Info