šŸ’ NHL Hawks Thread | Hockey Talk

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
We got outplayed in the 3rd bigtime. The Wild scored their first two goals of the 3rd period within a minute of eachother. That created a huge momentum shift and made it a 2 goal game, which just happens to be the worst lead to have in hockey. We obviously had been thrown off of our game and Minnesota was all over us, and then Buff takes a highsticking penalty. They convert the PP to make it 3 goals within just over 2 minutes. Not sure how much pulling Huet would have helped, our team was hanging him out to dry. Playing armchair coach, I would have played the shootout differently. When we are shooting last and have the chance to win I am putting Seabrook ahead of Sharp, Versteeg, Ladd, and Brouwer. Oh well learn from our mistakes on this one and comeback hard tonight against the Ducks.

KnightFan26917

Old Cars, Strong Hearts
Apr 28, 2009
Elgin IL
That loss last night was disappointing, but I'm not all that worried. The Blackhawks have been TOO good this year to let that one game foreshadow the rest of the season ... or even be an example of the play we will see the rest of the year.

They're on WGN tonight at 6!

:)

Cort | 36swm.IL | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Life has a funny way of helping you out" ... Alanis Morisette ... 'Ironic'

CamaroSS

Banned
May 23, 2007
not hawks related but its nice to see canuck fans are trying to become the worst fans in the nhl. just behind montreal now

VANCOUVER, British Columbia -- Calgary Flames coach Brent Sutter is upset security couldn't locate a laser pointer being used to distract goalie Miikka Kiprusoff during Saturday s 3-2 win over the Vancouver Canucks.

"It's ridiculous," Sutter said. "We could see it shining on his mask the whole night. It was brought to the attention of the refs and security, and it's hard to believe that can go on for 60 minutes in a hockey game and it's not located."

Kiprusoff made 19 saves and stopped one of three shots in the shootout. He received medical treatment after the game, and wasn't immediately available to the media.

"It was a distraction," Sutter said.

Vogz

Moist Ass Bitch
Jul 4, 2006
Batavia, IL
The game in Detroit today was SICK. OT was insane and the shootout was obviously awesome.

Daytsuk's and Bertuzzi's goals were cute, but it doesn't matter how impressive your shootout goals are when you still lose!! LOL

Been to 3 games this year already, going to their first game back home after this long road trip against St. Louis....

BLACKHAWK!

greasy

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2007
The game in Detroit today was SICK. OT was insane and the shootout was obviously awesome.

Daytsuk's and Bertuzzi's goals were cute, but it doesn't matter how impressive your shootout goals are when you still lose!! LOL

Been to 3 games this year already, going to their first game back home after this long road trip against St. Louis....

BLACKHAWK!

yeah, no style points in the nhl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I dislike Detoilet as much as you guys, but the shootout goals scored by Datsyuk and Bertuzzi were simply amazing. Regardless of who scores those goals you have to respect the skill involved. Zetterberg rifled one off of the crossbar that Niemi did not even move on!

was hell of a game, ill give detroit credit for putting up a pretty good fight though. they looked alot better than previous games thats for sure, but still not good enough to beat the hawks. hawks just have too much firepower still.

You make it sound like Detroit was not even in the game. Too close for comfort for me, Detroit is a very skilled team. The scary thing is that I do not want them finishing in 8th and us finshing in 1st. A first round matchup between us and Detroit would be a bad situation. I am confident we can beat them, but there are a bunch of other teams I would rather play in the 1st round.

Great game today! Did you see the fight with versteeg? It was classic, they exchanged a few words and bumbs before the face off, then as soon as the puck went into play the gloves and helmets immediatly came off

found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=um7KGKmFf8Q

big buf did the same thing a few games ago.... its almost "fake" like its part of a story line........they must have been jabbering pretty good !

" as soon as the puck drops, i'm dropping you biotch !!!!"

I love the fight between Versteeg and Eaves, and nothing fake about how it culminates. Wingers line up for the face off and both position themselves for the advantage. The other winger puts his stick over yours, you respond by putting your inside foot over his. Next thing you know you are talking shit, giving little jabs, and then the puck drops and you drop the gloves.

Thread Info