giphy.gif

• Haha
Reactions: boostedguy05

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
what's the "detailing" plan come spring ?
Full paint correction, undecided if I want to ceramic coat it. Will definitely ceramic coat both the factory and aftermarket wheels I buy. Still deciding if I want to do roof in black vinyl or do black racing stripes on hood, roof and tailgate

Reactions: Gav'sPurpleZ

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
Well the TH took a hit today. 80yr old man trying to park his Cadillac in a parking lot on 116th and Kedzie plowed in to drivers side corner of my front fascia. I was sitting in my rig when it happened and saw him take the turn to wide and layed on my horn but he never stopped, smfh. Hit me going about 5mph. Enough to scuff and crack the bumper and his was cracked as well. Kind of lost my cool at first and screamed WTF, then realized how old he was and the fact he had 2 hearing aids. Turns out he was going in to the dialysis center for treatment. He has Allstate, so I'm assuming shouldnt be no issues. I'm guessing it need a new bumper cover and thats it. Didnt take a pic yet as I get disgusted looking at it. My Wife said if not for bad luck the past year on all our vehicles we would have no luck, lol

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
That sucks but if I that was me I wouldn't even report it . You will loose $5-10K on a trade down the road because it will have accident reported on carfax.
Have a feeling its going to be a $2k-$3500 fix, my paint is a 3 stage paint with pearl. I'm not paying that out of pocket for something that wasnt my fault. I'm sure both front fenders have to be blended as well, bumper is 2 toned as well
I get what your saying, but if it was my fault then yes I would pay it.

boostedguy05

not well known
TCG Premium
Dec 18, 2010
Well the TH took a hit today. 80yr old man trying to park his Cadillac in a parking lot on 116th and Kedzie plowed in to drivers side corner of my front fascia. I was sitting in my rig when it happened and saw him take the turn to wide and layed on my horn but he never stopped, smfh. Hit me going about 5mph. Enough to scuff and crack the bumper and his was cracked as well. Kind of lost my cool at first and screamed WTF, then realized how old he was and the fact he had 2 hearing aids. Turns out he was going in to the dialysis center for treatment. He has Allstate, so I'm assuming shouldnt be no issues. I'm guessing it need a new bumper cover and thats it. Didnt take a pic yet as I get disgusted looking at it. My Wife said if not for bad luck the past year on all our vehicles we would have no luck, lol

well, didn't you want a new front bumper anyways to get rid of the holes from the plate bracket. this is a win in my book.

Reactions: Shawn1112

SaturdaysGS

TCG Elite Member
Jul 15, 2007
Chicago (Southside)
That sucks but if I that was me I wouldn't even report it . You will loose $5-10K on a trade down the road because it will have accident reported on carfax.

You can fight for lost value too. I forget what it’s called... Yaj Yak Yaj Yak

By my hood too, thought I saw a red TH when I was driving down Kedzie earlier.

Shawn1112

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 4, 2010
Streamwood
allstate fucking sucks.

if you have better insurance than that, use your insurance and have your insurance go after allstate.

diminished value claim might be worth looking into.
Thanks buddy, lol.
Guys at Royal Coach in Bartlett are MFers to the insurance companies. Heard a couple of phone calls made on my behalf in person. So I'll let them handle it, and if they say use my insurance then I'll do as I'm told. But pretty confident they will get their way.
I'll talk to them about the diminished value as well.

Thread Info