Cary
giphy.gif

LikeABauce302

TCG Elite Member
Aug 27, 2013
South suburbs
Real Name
Matt
I had a moment where the front end of my fox body was getting really light as I was stripping it for my engine and front suspension swap. I quickly rolled my trans jack under the rear axle and I started removing the rear wheels, nitrous bottle, battery, and fuel tank ?. I'm glad I didn't end up like this guy.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
I still don't get the lift arms moving.

Any loft I've seen manufactured after 1956 has automatic spring loaded locks that secure the arms from moving.

In this case it would've stopped the car from smashing down, then they could have simply lowered the car down

The Beast

TCG Elite Member
May 24, 2004
South beach
Real Name
Go Go
I had a moment where the front end of my fox body was getting really light as I was stripping it for my engine and front suspension swap. I quickly rolled my trans jack under the rear axle and I started removing the rear wheels, nitrous bottle, battery, and fuel tank [emoji23]. I'm glad I didn't end up like this guy.

Nice job with the save, but fuck the car what’s important is the guy or guys working on the car.

Reactions: LikeABauce302

IceCreamAssassin

When in doubt, throttle out
TCG Premium
Jan 28, 2011
Cary
I still don't get the lift arms moving.

Any loft I've seen manufactured after 1956 has automatic spring loaded locks that secure the arms from moving.

In this case it would've stopped the car from smashing down, then they could have simply lowered the car down
Isn’t there a release lever on the back side? Maybe the lever got hit by the car as it was sliding off and pushed them in.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
Not that I've ever seen. Each arm has a springed loaded lock you have to lift up to Un lock the teeth to move the arms.

The lock lever is for the locks to prevent lowering.
We used to have old lifts here (dealer built in 80s) that had weird locks you could turn on and off. You’d turn them off, place the arms and turn them back on. Well of course people never left them on though. We got rid of those lifts a few years back.

Reactions: IceCreamAssassin
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info