Haven't been active in a while but new car!

Importsnrice

The tech kid!!
Reaction score
Whats up guys, haven't been on here in a while but I got a new car!!

Picked it up last friday for only 1700!! My neighbor was selling it to carmax and I stopped him and told him I'd buy it for the same price. Glad I did! (You know you got a good deal when ou buy a car for what Carmax was offerin for it lol)

It has 158xxx on it but is in mint condition. I hand-buffed and waxed it and it looks almost brand new! An I30 selling at private party value with 159000 in "Fair" condition comes up for 4000! This thing is good-excellent which means I can sell it for 4500-5500 if I wanted to! But the thing is so nice and luxurious I'm gonna keep it for a bit B)

Only problem right now is code PO420 which is catalyst flow error so gotta fix that but everything else check out OK. I Inspected it at school before I bought it

The Prelude is still here and I'm still selling it. I might trade it for a bike (turning 18 in 2 months) or just sell it and pay the rest of the car off along with some debts.

Here are some pics

Inspection at school (before wax and buff):

After wax and buff:

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
As much as I want to give you Kudos on picking up a real car, that last comment was really lame... STUPID to do 135 in a car you JUST got when you are 17, AND TO TAKE A PICTURE OF IT WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING!!! You get tagged, You go to jail, and you loose your license, no questions asked...

Again, Glad to see you back, AWESOME new find, Please watch the moronic comments like that, I'm sure there are local Police on our boards by now honestly...

Runtz52

Runs like a turtle with downs syndrome
Reaction score
thats y im glad the max either of my speedometers goes up to a max of 90 lol

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
There is actually reason to believe that a certain department is viewing the board. Whether or not his post is proof enough to go after him or not is debatable.

PANDA

Reaction score
Whats up guys, haven't been on here in a while but I got a new car!!

Picked it up last friday for only 1700!! My neighbor was selling it to carmax and I stopped him and told him I'd buy it for the same price. Glad I did! (You know you got a good deal when ou buy a car for what Carmax was offerin for it lol)

It has 158xxx on it but is in mint condition. I hand-buffed and waxed it and it looks almost brand new! An I30 selling at private party value with 159000 in "Fair" condition comes up for 4000! This thing is good-excellent which means I can sell it for 4500-5500 if I wanted to! But the thing is so nice and luxurious I'm gonna keep it for a bit B)

Only problem right now is code PO420 which is catalyst flow error so gotta fix that but everything else check out OK. I Inspected it at school before I bought it

The Prelude is still here and I'm still selling it. I might trade it for a bike (turning 18 in 2 months) or just sell it and pay the rest of the car off along with some debts.

Here are some pics

Inspection at school (before wax and buff):

After wax and buff:

I also gave it to a professional driver who took it on a closed track and he hit 135 with plenty left to go! ;)

Not a bad pickup for $1700, that's a good motor? Were they not buying a car from carmax or something? That trade in could have saved them a bit of tax and if they sold it to you for the same carmax offered that wouldn't be that smart.

As much as I want to give you Kudos on picking up a real car, that last comment was really lame... STUPID to do 135 in a car you JUST got when you are 17, AND TO TAKE A PICTURE OF IT WHILE YOU ARE DRIVING!!! You get tagged, You go to jail, and you loose your license, no questions asked...

Again, Glad to see you back, AWESOME new find, Please watch the moronic comments like that, I'm sure there are local Police on our boards by now honestly...
real car?

There is actually reason to believe that a certain department is viewing the board. Whether or not his post is proof enough to go after him or not is debatable.
:werd:

daturbosix

Forum Sponsor
TCG Sponsor
Reaction score
wow, you went 135 in a car. thats piddy shit. i do 135 in my F250.

As much as I want to give you Kudos on picking up a real car,
excuse me, but where the fuck is the real car?

99PONTIACGP

Reaction score
Nice buy :bigthumb: My buddy works at Carmax and he always calls me about people trading in their cars and possibly offering them the same price or a few hundred more than Carmax would offer

sickmint79

I Drink Your Milkshake
Reaction score
glad to know you were fumbling with your cell phone to take pictures of the speedometer while you summed up all of your talent and skill to push the pedal until you were going 135

radioguy6

Reaction score
nice pickup. What year is that a 00-01? Im pretty sure the VQ30 maximas/I30s are limited to electronically limited to 137, but dont be doing that on a public road!!

bikrboy128

Some say.....
Reaction score
good work buying a car with the check engine light on. :bowrofl:

let me guess, you go to UTI.

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
god damn. let the kid enjoy his fucking new purchase. some of you need to stop acting like you're hot shit

Mook

El Presidente
Admin
Reaction score
however, driving 135mph and taking a pic is fucking stupid

Dasfinc

Mrrrrstang.
Reaction score
real car?
excuse me, but where the fuck is the real car?
Compared to his rusty 93, oil burning prelude, this is a 'real' car, one I wouldn't point and laugh at on the road if I saw driving buy like I would have at the prelude pouring smoke out the back of it.

Its not fast, nor special, Just worlds better than his old one.

PANDA

Reaction score
Compared to his rusty 93, oil burning prelude, this is a 'real' car, one I wouldn't point and laugh at on the road if I saw driving buy like I would have at the prelude pouring smoke out the back of it.

Its not fast, nor special, Just worlds better than his old one.
As if the cars you drive are more "real" than his prelude...

DanJoy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Yea no shit, preach on brother Panda.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom