Hauling Ass and Grass

D

Darkness01

Well, while I bought my Lightning because I love them, I also needed a truck to help my grandfather and many others in my family. This vehicle is the best of both worlds as far as performance and truck capabilities. I do this setup every week to go cut my grandfather's yard in Des Plaines, and on May 22nd I'm hoping to haul the toys from the CMC Season Opener. The next day, May 23rd, I'll be using it to haul all of my sister's wedding shower gifts to her new house. This truck handles everything like a champ. Thank god the bed is already lined LOL
Photo0066.jpg

Photo0067.jpg

Photo0068.jpg

Photo0069.jpg

Photo0073.jpg

D

Darkness01

nice truck. id be carefull what u haul. i heard the suspension on the lightnings is not made to haul much weight.

they can tow 5000+lbs with no issues, and payload capacity from 99-02 was over 800lbs. 03-04 have a payload capacity of over 1100lbs, but thats why they also sit super high in the rear end because the leaf springs are slightly different. The mower only weighs a few hundred pounds. The rear of my truck barely squats down with it back there.

Theautoguy

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2007
Machesney Park, IL
The 2nd Gen L's still hold up to 1350lbs and can tow up to 5000lbs; they are "real" trucks, not toys. (...and they still go like stink...at least for a truck!)

I still haul mulch, river rock, landscape timbers and move people with mine and I have 3 trophies from local car shows to show it still stays nice! I even had to drive it 15 miles through a blizzard 2 years ago because I had the only available truck when my mother-in-law's water heater went out. (Ford's 2nd gear start FTMFW!)

Thread Info