Has Ford just gotten insanely good at hiding recalls?

or just make a minivan that doesn't have the rear end fall the fuck out of

Or, just don't build minivans anymore because you can't build one that isn't shit...... oh, wait....... and don't build cars anymore while you're at it because your warranty costs are so high on them you can't make money on those either regardless of country of origin.

Something seems weird, other car companies have figured it out.

Elon was correct calling them morgue.

AWDCD3

Addict
May 31, 2015
Carol Stream, Il
My coworker said he went to the dealer and they changed what they're covering since they sent that letter. They told him it is 100% covered because everyone, like you, said they're just going to keep driving their car because they're not going to pay for a rental. So make an appt with your local dealer and they should confirm that and set you up.
I just got off the phone with my local dealer. Ford is covering the cost of the rental. But, because of July 4th week, no rentals are available. So, I'll check back on July 9th to get the process started. The service writer did confirm that parts will be available in late September/early October. We'll see what happens.

10sec

I haz dat teddy bear smile.
TCG Premium
Jul 26, 2008
I just got off the phone with my local dealer. Ford is covering the cost of the rental. But, because of July 4th week, no rentals are available. So, I'll check back on July 9th to get the process started. The service writer did confirm that parts will be available in late September/early October. We'll see what happens.

You'll probably get some piece of shit Versa as your rental car :rofl:

Mike K

TCG Elite Member
Apr 11, 2008
Jesus, say what you will about the cost of maintenance with German cars but you're *generally* not dealing with the car rusting apart. How anyone still buys anything GM after the W Bodies all had their strut towers rust away is perplexing to me. It's like, even if I wanted to maintain this car properly and keep it forever I really can't because it's going to disintegrate.

Rent Free

TCG Elite Member
Jan 26, 2015
Nowheresville North Dakota
Wife HAD a 2016 Ford Edge and NEITHER front Airbags deployed when she wacked a deer hard enough to require 14k in damages.

Short quick list of what was replaced.

Windshield since hood smashed it.
Radiator support.
Both headlights
Both Foglights
Bumper cover
Bumper support/ Crash bar.
Engine cover since rad support cracked it.
Front passenger side inner fender apron straightened and pulled out.

Im sure a crap load of other items to refit all the bodywork.

Vehicle got finished and returned to her then we put snow tires on it and it wouldnt drive straight down the highway.

Bodyshop never sent it for an alignment after it was on the frame rack da fuck? :dunno:

Anyways it went back to the dealer for an alignment and since it was a lease we explained why we wanted an alignment again because it was in a deer crash and we put snow tires on it.

I mentioned "Hey ummm how come the shop didnt replace the bags since I knew and asked them about it when it was getting rebuilt"

They said they needed the vehicle to see if it was in the NTSB airbag recall.

Sooo after its rebuilt and in for an alignment sure as shit it got 2 new airbags too.

:roflpicard: :fu: That accident could have been a hell of a lot worse.

Buuuuuuttttt no worries now we turned that rolling pile of garbage back in about 3 weeks ago and my wifes got a 18 Malibu now.

Meh Id rather her be in a bigger SUV but shes happy with the car. Happy wife happy life. So whatever keeps her happy.

I wonder why we didnt know about the airbag recall until after the deer collision!?? Especially since it was a lease directly through FoMoCo.

bikrboy128

Some say.....
TCG Premium
Jul 15, 2007
Wheaton
Jesus, say what you will about the cost of maintenance with German cars but you're *generally* not dealing with the car rusting apart. How anyone still buys anything GM after the W Bodies all had their strut towers rust away is perplexing to me. It's like, even if I wanted to maintain this car properly and keep it forever I really can't because it's going to disintegrate.

bmw, benz, and vw all had their fair share of rust problems in the 90s/early 2000s.
benz with their control arms rusting in half, bmws and their rear subframe mounts crumbling away.....vw you need a tetanus shot just looking at one:rofl:

not defending GM because you really can't :rofl: but to say the german cars aren't rusty shit from that same era is laughable :io:

Mr_Roboto

Doing the jobs nobody wants to
TCG Premium
Feb 4, 2012
Nashotah, Wisconsin (AKA not Illinois)
the Windstar recall is for the rear axle. It corrodes and eventually breaks, not something you'd want to experience at highway speeds.

I had a buddy who bought one of these for 3000 bucks, drove it for 2-3 years putting tens of thousands of miles on it then Ford paid him 6800 for it :rofl:

One of the things about the airbag recall is that it didn't affect just Ford. It affected Honda too and likely several other brands. One of the problems with not having diversity in the OEM channels.

Fish

From the quiet street
TCG Premium
Aug 3, 2007
Hanover Park
Real Name
Fish

bmw, benz, and vw all had their fair share of rust problems in the 90s/early 2000s.
benz with their control arms rusting in half, bmws and their rear subframe mounts crumbling away.....vw you need a tetanus shot just looking at one:rofl:

not defending GM because you really can't :rofl: but to say the german cars aren't rusty shit from that same era is laughable :io:

Japanese cars as well. My step dads 01 Camry had the suspension jump into the trunk cause the strut towers gave way due to rust while he was backing out of the garage a couple years ago.

He finally bought a new car last year. That camry was held together with hopes, dreams, zip ties, and duct tape. Engine still purred at almost 300K miles, so at least there was that.

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
Not true at all. I traded in my 2011 Mustang with the airbag recall. [MENTION=4923]The Beast[/MENTION] thanked me for letting have the car.

Dealerships just take care of the recalls.

But I could see if at one point a dealer didn't want a car due to an open recall that they knew could take months to get taken care of. Due to the lack of replacement parts being available.

CMNTMXR57

GM, Holden & Chrysler Mini-Van nut swinger
TCG Premium
Sep 12, 2008
Elgin

The old Chrysler Pacifica's (not the new mini-van), also had this issue too. I think there was a lawsuit or something against DC over it. :D

My neighbor's nissan maxipad had this happen to them also and it wasn't that old of a maxipad.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info