I'll start:

Turkey-Shake.gif

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
My friend just text me from LA. Santa Anna winds kicked up, PG&E shut down power in case lines snapped. He’s been without power for 24 hours, is hosting thanksgiving for two families, and has a 20lbs bird to cook.

Not to mention two refrigerators and a deep freezer full of food he’s worrying about.

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Just finished peeling and cutting the apples for my wife’s apple pie, brussel sprouts (with bacon and brown sugar) will go on as soon as we get to my dads house. Turkey was cooked yesterday and has been sitting in its own juices and gravy since, my parents have been cooking it like this for years and the meat is ALWAYS perfectly juicy. Dad still hand mashes the potatoes but we’re going to teach him how to use my moms mixer and sneak some sour cream in while it’s running (he hates sour cream but oddly loves the way we make mashed potatoes).
I fully expect my dad and wife to go through 2 bottles of wine, I might have one beer since I’m driving, my dog will be the only one pissing me off this year and I’m certain my son will be his regular non eating self.

IMG_1874.jpg

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Happy Thanksgiving all. I did the Thanksgiving meal here yesterday simply due not blocking my schedule early enough for today and only had a couple meetings. Today I had to be at the facility for a supplier visit.

Russians eat plenty of turkey year-round but it’s a big pain in the ass to get a whole one. Grocery stores have all the major parts sold separately. Biggest whole bird I could find was 10 lbs and it cooked pretty fast, I think it was done in just over 3 hours. Along with the bird I made mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce and a batch of cinnamon rolls. Was planning on making biscuits too but ran out of time. Same for some asparagus but no complaints.

I’m thankful for TCG. Has really helped me a lot over the past several years while being outside the US.

F954EC6F-3462-4ED1-8F88-3D7987CD30E2.jpeg

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
Happy Thanksgiving all. I did the Thanksgiving meal here yesterday simply due not blocking my schedule early enough for today and only had a couple meetings. Today I had to be at the facility for a supplier visit.

Russians eat plenty of turkey year-round but it’s a big pain in the ass to get a whole one. Grocery stores have all the major parts sold separately. Biggest whole bird I could find was 10 lbs and it cooked pretty fast, I think it was done in just over 3 hours. Along with the bird I made mashed potatoes, gravy, stuffing, cranberry sauce and a batch of cinnamon rolls. Was planning on making biscuits too but ran out of time. Same for some asparagus but no complaints.

I’m thankful for TCG. Has really helped me a lot over the past several years while being outside the US.

View attachment 106108
Bravo sir!

Reactions: Z28Camaro

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
I’m not one to give “thanks” for any particular meal, never have, never will.

But I do want to say thank you to TCG (all its members) as a whole. The ups, the downs, the teasing, the kudos, etc. It has been very entertaining, at times eye opening, knowledgeable, and a nice departure from some of the daily crap we deal with.

As always, #TCGKnowsEverything

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN
My friend just text me from LA. Santa Anna winds kicked up, PG&E shut down power in case lines snapped. He’s been without power for 24 hours, is hosting thanksgiving for two families, and has a 20lbs bird to cook.

Not to mention two refrigerators and a deep freezer full of food he’s worrying about.
That’s awful……but I can’t resist lol

FBC0C7B2-DFA6-429F-986D-D8AEC3C7E1B7.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I grilled one turkey using a compound butter under the skin.

NKwbdJE.jpg

Deep fried another using Harry Soo's Jailbird Chicken rub. Both came out juicy and tasty although in different ways. The grilled bird was more traditional flavor and the deep fried one was deep fried goodness. Deep fried bird was just a bit big for the fryer and the max level oil didn't quite reach the top.

4689eQJ.jpg

Best item was an apple/onion/sausage/cranberry/turkey liver stuffing I smoked on the Weber kettle. Damn, it was good. Amy said too much smoke but I thought it was perfect. She just doesn't like smoke as much as I do. I told her next time I will make two and she can do one of them in the oven.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info