Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Thank GOD !!! :ROFLMAO:

Awww, not the elevators!
See, I kind of miss being able to walk everywhere on the citadel, it made it feel like this huge map. Even though the elevators were used like loading screens you could interact with. I enjoyed the squad mate interactions.

I mean lol @ Garrus on ME 3.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Listened to about 3 hours of this at work today while I performed some calibrations.

Will finish it up tomorrow. Was hoping the music would help me reminisce. Some tracks definitely did. Tho I did get an email this morning from amazon saying my game isnt going to arrive until Tuesday now :angrys00ls::angrys00ls:

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Was listening to it at work too.

Screen Shot 2021-05-13 at 7.58.43 PM.png

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
However, one of my favorites will always be the Fansong "Commander Shepard" by Miracle of Sound.

From Omega to Mars
From the Council to the seediest bars
From the reaches of space
To the pillars of Asari grace
There are battle-worn batarians lacking in humility
Turians a braggin' bout their reach and flexibility
The clutter of the cities spreads to the loneliest stars
But no matter what scars you bear
Whatever uniform you wear
You can fight like a Krogan, run like a leopard
But you'll never be better than Commander Shepard

In the Citadel's halls
Inside the shining walls
Hear the stories from Earth
Fighters try to prove their worth
Salarian science smothered in idiom
About as stimulating as scanning for iridium
But one tale holds every mind enthralled
Cos no matter what scars you bear
You can fight like a Krogan, run like a leaopard
COMMANDER SHEPARD!
Cos no matter what scars you bear
You can fight like a Krogan, run like a leaopard
Never be better than Commander Shepard
ASSUMING CONTROL

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Nice! I completed my soundtrack journey this afternoon since thats all Im going to be able to do this weekend since amazon sucks.

Then I listened to this for the rest of the afternoon

I'm sure I got strange looks from anyone that walked past office, but I was enjoying it, and it helped me get my work done so I could actually leave on time for once.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Nice! I completed my soundtrack journey this afternoon since thats all Im going to be able to do this weekend since amazon sucks.

Then I listened to this for the rest of the afternoon

I'm sure I got strange looks from anyone that walked past office, but I was enjoying it, and it helped me get my work done so I could actually leave on time for once.

Please don't send me down the New Wave rabbit hole again damnit. I'll be listening to Dance with the Dead, Perturbator, and Carpenter Brut for weeks.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Damn, those babies are so big, you could mistake them for a pair of butt cheeks.

View attachment 89242
I hadn't intended on screen shotting them, but hey, the remaster looked good.

Still only in ME1, and I kind of wish I had a high refresh rate monitor. I'm stuck at 60hz. I'm only holding off because if I do buy a new monitor, I'd want something like the G9. And then there is the fact that there is no way in hell my 2080 would drive that monitor at good framerates. I'd probably need whatever the 4000 series GPUs can deliver (or if AMD can upset the GPU industry like they did the CPU industry).

50" 32:9, 5120x1440 @ 240hz.

nytebyte

Not Politically Correct
Mar 2, 2004
I have a 144Hz monitor and to be honest, my eyes cannot detect any difference above about 80Hz. I don't think most human's eyes can.
I now cap all games at 90Hz since I can't see the difference anyway, so there is no need to run it faster. It saves on power, wear on the video card and reduces heat generated by the card.

Any good monitor that can do at least 120Hz should be perfectly fine. I don't think it's worth buying a super high refresh rate monitor just for the sake of the refresh rate.
What really made a huge difference in games is Freesync or G-Sync and it makes the gameplay MUCH smoother.

Although, I really like that giant Samsung monitor. Holy crap...

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
So reading Steam reviews... this seems like a pretty "bad" rush job.

Need confirmation before dumping 60 dollars on a game when I own the original trilogy and DLC already.
I haven't encountered any bugs yet. The textures looks good. Lighting is decent. But I've only been playing the ME1 portion atm.

Hell, I still haven't left the Citadel yet. Still putting around doing side-quests.

But I save/save often because even though I've put points into Charm, there are still some dialogue options I've discovered aren't available.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
What the shit?

I can get the SR-1 Normandy in No Mans Sky? Sign me up!!!

No Man’s Sky players found a surprising Easter egg at the end of a recently added Expedition in the sandbox space game: the SSV Normandy SR-1 from Mass Effect. Developer Hello Games says it collaborated with Electronic Arts and BioWare — which recently released the Mass Effect Legendary Edition remaster of the original trilogy — to bring the Normandy to No Man’s Sky.
Players can unlock (and keep) the Normandy in No Man’s Sky through May 31 by completing the game’s latest Expedition. Hello Games says Shepard’s ship will remain a permanent fixture in players’ frigate fleets, if they so choose. You can see the Normandy in action in the trailer above.
Hello Games has released a flurry of updates for No Man’s Sky in recent months, including the addition of Expeditions in March. The new game mode gives players time-limited challenges, which “offer a new way to look at the colossal universe of No Man’s Sky,” Hello Games said when Expeditions were added. A more recent update adds Nvidia DLSS support for the Windows PC version of the game.

No Man’s Sky will celebrate its fifth anniversary in August.

IDAFC21

WOW.
Staff member
TCG Premium
May 23, 2007
Avondale, AZ
Well at least I'm not crazy. There seem to be some audio issues that plague (i think) just the playstation version of this game. No matter what you have the audio settings at (unless you have it in just plain stereo) all the dialog comes primarily thru the rear damn speakers, no matter what direction youre facing the person thats speaking. There's quite a lengthy thread about it reddit and the EA forums. It's really freaking off putting. Im getting around it right now by using my 3D wireless headset, things seem more normalized thru the headset. I think it only effects ME1, but man I'm hoping they put a patch out for this.

Thread Info