Nebraska
FB_IMG_1675365256878.jpg

Reactions: sktchy

SMRTSS1

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jan 12, 2010
Elgin
Groundhog Day has got to be the weirdest day. Everyone waits for the scientific method of a rodent seeing a shadow to determine if we get more cold and snow or less cold and snow. About as accurate and efficient as a government appointed expert.

HOWEVER now that I have a 6 year old he’s enamored with groundhogs and wants me to go find one with him and all I can think of is how big a pain in the ass it was getting around the square when I lived in Woodstock and my 18 minute morning commute took 45 minutes because the Woodstock Willie revealers couldn’t navigate the streets. And it always strikes fear in me after the 2011 blizzard that buried my TBSS and proved my dad knew nothing about how to winterize a snowblower. Add to it that my now wife was snowed in at her condo in DeKalb and was running low on food and I had to drive from Buffalo Grove to DeKalb to make sure she was ok.

Yes, there was a black TBSS under all that.
IMG_5195.jpeg

Z28Camaro

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Jun 25, 2015
Metamora
Groundhog Day has got to be the weirdest day. Everyone waits for the scientific method of a rodent seeing a shadow to determine if we get more cold and snow or less cold and snow. About as accurate and efficient as a government appointed expert.

HOWEVER now that I have a 6 year old he’s enamored with groundhogs and wants me to go find one with him and all I can think of is how big a pain in the ass it was getting around the square when I lived in Woodstock and my 18 minute morning commute took 45 minutes because the Woodstock Willie revealers couldn’t navigate the streets. And it always strikes fear in me after the 2011 blizzard that buried my TBSS and proved my dad knew nothing about how to winterize a snowblower. Add to it that my now wife was snowed in at her condo in DeKalb and was running low on food and I had to drive from Buffalo Grove to DeKalb to make sure she was ok.

Yes, there was a black TBSS under all that.
View attachment 195713
I remember that storm, Peoria got 18” in a day and a half. I drove home from work in a new sport package 335i with the summer only rubber with 6” on the roads. Probably one of the many reasons why I buy dedicated winter rubber now.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
Groundhog;

Noun.

A football sized brown mouse that will try to fight you over your own watermelon. Generally takes a well placed 9mm round to put down and laughs and charges after being hit several times with a .22, also known to burrow under foundations compromising buildings.

Fuck them.

• Haha
Reactions: m_dogg

Thread Info