• 💡 Fun fact. Whenever you start a thread, TCG Mechanic 5000 (our AI bot) will reply to you to start helping. It doesn't know everything and it will struggle with more complex questions but it can get the thread going and provide valuable information. You can choose to disable it prior to submitting a thread.

Hammering in brake pins

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Is there a better way other than using a hammer for re-setting brake pins after a pad change. I’m putting on track pads for the track and switch back to regular pads for the street. So I’ve essential changed pads ten times this year and the back of my brembos are taking a beating. A heavy hammer with a smaller head would probably help.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
That's what I'm saying about customizing it. Get a cutoff tool and shorten them, could be a grinder with a cutoff wheel anything high speed to cut through that hardened steel.

I see, I’ll try this next time and let you know how it goes. I have a set of cheap harbor freight punches I don’t mind grinding up.

WhiteKnuckle

Mopowah Baby!!
TCG Premium
Nov 14, 2019
Bedford Park
Real Name
Pete Schuch
Made the brake nubbin, did the trick. Thanks for the advice :)

C0A49E09-20E3-4872-9036-82C1369D0D79.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info