Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I take back any defense I made for the cgi. It was truly awful for the finale...like 2000s awful. The last 30 minutes were great but man this show has ALOT of work ahead of itself...alot.

There were definitely high points but just way too many negatives. After now looking at it objectively, the show was kind of garbage. I have hopes they can turn it around, especially with now things were left but man....I dunno.

Hopefully we get some kind of explanation for the cgi...even if it's a lie.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
action was cool, it just was like 2000s cool :rofl:

Lets hope season 2 is like a complete revamp. They got rights to the music, hopefully see what people liked and kill off kwan.

Then we can hope for a good season 2 :rofl: :rofl:
There is definitely alot to look forward to, especially with how this season ended. I'm really hoping the stream itself was part of the problem but man the effects just got worse and worse...

But ya, the action itself gives me hope.

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
I haven't watched it yet. But, I'm sure they're dragging things out to make it a 5+ season type show.
They wrapped things up pretty well. For some characters. I hope it means we're seeing the fall of reach next season. It has to happen before we get to the ring. Would be criminal not to see that play out.

Reactions: Jimy Bilmo

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
Just watched the last two episodes. Definitely two of my favorites. Won’t comment on CGI etc.. but the themed music during the covenant fight was nice although short, Cortana & Chief working together was great. Chief kind of sucked at fighting but I’ll chalk that up to being affected by the keystone.
The first person view during combat is a bit distracting during some scenes - I get the intention of trying to either emulate the game or get the viewer in the eyes of the character but I don’t think it transitions well it just transitions back & forth too fast/ too often.

I fell asleep during earlier episodes so I don’t know if the Kwan story wrapped up but frankly don’t care.

Hope season 2 is more of this.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
Having watched it, it was terrible from both story and cgi.

The whole Cortana taking over body but they introduced in early episodes is 100% stupid bullshit. It never had a chance if building suspense because there is no way in hell you can ‘kill’ Chief, he’s the main character for gods sakes.

They are going to wonder why Halo failed as a TV series and blame the audience saying, “it wasn’t the right time for a Halo show” but the truth is they alienated their core audience to try and bring in a ‘wider’ audience. Except Halo’s fan base is HUGE and rabid.

It’s the same shit exec decision making like this that brought us the Star Wars sequels. Completely out of touch with reality.

Anyone notice Paramount+ doesn’t have any kind of ratings system? Cause I’d happily give Halo 1 star or thumbs down.

Reactions: Rebel

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
Big Sean Omg GIF

Take that back

Sprayin

Public Enemy #1
TCG Premium
Oct 8, 2008
Grand Rapids, MI
They are going to wonder why Halo failed as a TV series and blame the audience saying, “it wasn’t the right time for a Halo show” but the truth is they alienated their core audience to try and bring in a ‘wider’ audience. Except Halo’s fan base is HUGE and rabid.

It’s the same shit exec decision making like this that brought us the Star Wars sequels. Completely out of touch with reality.

You mean the SW movies that each grossed over $1B? Those didn't flop at all. The studio does not give a flying fuck about alienating a core audience. They care about revenue. It's the fan boys that are the ones out of touch with reality. Shows are no different.

Thread Info