Paramount Halo

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
I just started binging this. Couldn’t get the paramount+ app to work but plays fine on Amazon prime. I read a lot of reviews, in & out of this thread and wanted to have an open mind. These are my opinions: For a regular TV show, it’s not bad. For a Halo TV show, it’s like a 6/10. From the lack of Halo themed music, to the overall tone - It’s not the Halo most of us wanted, it doesn’t feel like Halo at all. Portraying the Spartans as mind controlled soldiers, I’m not clear if the UNSC are good guys. The personality shift for Master Chief makes him unrecognizable - might as well have just made up a new character. They talk about a war but I don’t know who I’m supposed to root for. They use Halo characters & weapons but that’s as close to Halo as they get. I guess I’m just bummed that they could have made a story based on 100s of stories. From the beginning of the human - covenant war. Done a Halo Wars style game, and have a story about characters that disappear in space. Fall of Reach, ghosts of Oynx - even a made up story like Forward Unto Dawn (best live action adaption). Master Chief could have been a cameo in the series like the hallway scene for Luke in The Mandalorian.

tldr: Halo TV Show doesn’t hit any emotions. No real nostalgia. Will watch because I got nothing better to do.

Will continue to watch but not completely invested in anything at this point.

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
You realize Fall of Reach can easily be season 2 right? Or the finale or the beginning of s2. It hasnt happened yet in the storyline.

Also, the UNSC are kind of shitbags.
I’m just saying Rewriting a story / their characters etc.. because it’s easier than doing a little research or making a new story during a time period that’s not been explored, I feel like would have gone a long way. Hayden Christensen watched Clone Wars to learn more about Anakin & Vader so he could evolve his role. The Producers of Halo could have spent a couple hours playing a single video game. Didn’t say your favorite TV Show was bad. I just don’t think it does Halo justice.
So the lack of any Halo themes is likely because of the now settled lawsuit.

I saw that. Another reason it doesn’t feel like Halo. Just a stand alone series.

Jimy Bilmo

CSVT OG Member
TCG Premium
TCG Goldmember
Aug 16, 2005
The Big Lebowski Dude GIF

cap42

Restoration Hell
Mar 22, 2005
Bolingbrook IL
R Rebel you read the books didn't ya...

I don't know why I get my hopes up that current media around an IP isn't used. I should know better by now.

I'm still watching this show but it hasn't grabbed me and forces me to watch the episode the day is released.. it's more of I have a few hours to kill watching tv I'll clear the backlog of shows

Rebel

TCG Elite Member
Dec 15, 2008
Reno, NV
R Rebel you read the books didn't ya...

I don't know why I get my hopes up that current media around an IP isn't used. I should know better by now.

I'm still watching this show but it hasn't grabbed me and forces me to watch the episode the day is released.. it's more of I have a few hours to kill watching tv I'll clear the backlog of shows

I read Wikipedia’s about the books :s00ls: & too many hours walking YouTube recaps. So no, I’m not a book expert unfortunately. I binged the first couple episodes, but I’m in the same boat no attachment to the series. I’ll watch the finale at some point.

Thread Info