Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Going to get this out of the way and make a few people happy. To me, its pretty clear various special effects teams worked on individual episodes. There was some REALLY bad CGI and green screen this episode. I think part of this is Paramount's fault, because you can clearly see the stream itself fluctuate in quality constantly (so the cgi and green screen stuff will stand out more) but overall, I dont think one single team worked on special effects. That out of the way....

The Chief scenes this ep were fantastic. I'm LOVING the backstory being created for him, outside of written words in books. I'm also loving that the other Spartans are getting attention as well...especially knowing Halo lore from the games and books.

I really dont give two craps about the Kwan storyline but its at least interesting enough that I don't mind the jumps back to her.

Huggerorange73

#notmywhitesox
Mar 29, 2011
Maricopa
Why? I love Halo. Why would I not like this?

It has alot of flaws but it's great none the less.

Should I be expecting some Mandalorian comment?
I'm a huge Halo fan as well, and this just isn't registering with me the same way.

There are some totally amazing moments, don't get me wrong...but there is some pure trash as well.

I really think my biggest gripe is that he showed his face in the 1st episode. Something that's been under wraps for decades.

Glad you're enjoying it though!

03GTGreen

Cobra Brigade Presidente
Aug 1, 2007
chris pratt GIF

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Rapidly deteriorating CGI aside, really enjoying how they're humanizing John. Also....the end scene...

1651179620337.png

They better be saving the original Halo theme for when they actually land on Halo, the fact that they didn't use it this episode is ridiculous[

Thread Info