Gaming Halo: Infinite

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
For me, the Halo stories falter when they try to follow more than one protagonist. When the stories veer away from Chief & Cortana, and instead focus on Arbiter, or Lock it loses momentum. Halo 4 I liked because it was very solidly on Chief & Cortana. I loved the cutscenes.

Halo 5 I had issues with any mission that had Locke as the POV. Same with any of the Halo 2/3 Arbiter missions. Not that Keith David isn't an amazing actor, but I never really cared for the non-Chef POV missions. I usually skip them as quick as possible.
See, I always viewed the Halo story as man vs covenant, with the surprise twist of the halo purpose/flood thrown in the middle. Master Chief was just a piece of that story.

Reactions: Maro

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
See, I always viewed the Halo story as man vs covenant, with the surprise twist of the halo purpose/flood thrown in the middle. Master Chief was just a piece of that story.
I did love the exploration and lore of the Forerunners and Covenant in the first 3 games. Lots of world building in those 3. Near the mid/end of Halo 3 when Chief finally boards High Charity to get Cortana back.

I listened to EVERYTHING 343 had to say during the Library mission in Halo 1. I probably explored every nook and cranny of the Covanant and Forerunner structures in Halo 1. I love games steeped in World Building and Lore.

I really wish Mass Effect would make it as a TV series. So much potential. I don't think a movie would work as well, not enough time for world building and character development.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
I’m with you, always loved the campaigns. With that being said, they lost me with 4 and 5. Halo 1-3, ODST and reach are all great stories. Halo 4 and 5 tried to be too “grand” imo and missed the mark. Excited for what 6 has as it appears to be more grounded.
Never even finished 5 because this....story just felt bland or redone

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike

uy3CnKh.jpeg

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Aside from that, played for a very trouble free few hours tonight. I am concerned that these maps are going to get stale really fast. Only 3 btb maps (and they play mostly the same imo) and the slayer maps that I've played so far lack any real creativity and are not exciting.

The gameplay is Halo through and through but not sure if that's gonna carry it for months on end.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info