Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
Played about an hour of the first test session. Audio is fantastic. The guns sound great. Graphically, its not gonna win awards but it runs super smooth. Tried BTB first (which is now 12v12) and it was fun enough. CTF and capture points (whatever they call it).

Then went into 4v4 and got absolutely buttfucked. I'm hoping its just because the map I played was in the previous beta, so people were familiar with it. But I got wrecked....everyone also seemed to be just using the pistol. So I switched to that and started to do better. Doesnt help when your other 3 teammates dont do shit.

I'll give it another go tonight.

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
Played the beta last night. Halo is back. It feels like a modernized version of Halo 3, which is a good thing. It’s no longer trying to be COD and is sticking closer to its roots IMO. The BTB map is awesome. Graphics are great, style is very “halo”. Excited for the final release.

Reactions: cacicgtp7

Turk

Lt. Ron "Slider" Kerner
TCG Premium
Jan 21, 2008
I was always in it for the campaigns. For me, I loved playing through 1-3. 4 was great, one of the best stories in the universe. 5 was spotty. Don't know how 6 will turn out.
I’m with you, always loved the campaigns. With that being said, they lost me with 4 and 5. Halo 1-3, ODST and reach are all great stories. Halo 4 and 5 tried to be too “grand” imo and missed the mark. Excited for what 6 has as it appears to be more grounded.

Reactions: Mook

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
I’m with you, always loved the campaigns. With that being said, they lost me with 4 and 5. Halo 1-3, ODST and reach are all great stories. Halo 4 and 5 tried to be too “grand” imo and missed the mark. Excited for what 6 has as it appears to be more grounded.
For me, the Halo stories falter when they try to follow more than one protagonist. When the stories veer away from Chief & Cortana, and instead focus on Arbiter, or Lock it loses momentum. Halo 4 I liked because it was very solidly on Chief & Cortana. I loved the cutscenes.

Halo 5 I had issues with any mission that had Locke as the POV. Same with any of the Halo 2/3 Arbiter missions. Not that Keith David isn't an amazing actor, but I never really cared for the non-Chef POV missions. I usually skip them as quick as possible.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info