Movie Halloween (Danny McBride remake) - direct sequel to the first

NOMIEZVR4

TCG Elite Member
May 6, 2014
Chicago
Are you being serious? Yes. Yes you need to watch the original, immediately. Right now.

well just finished watching it, i sort of had high expectations for it being a scary movie...boy was i let down. I had to force myself to watch it.:hsugh: Not scary by a long shot especially by today's standards. what the hell did you guys like so much about the original??

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
well just finished watching it, i sort of had high expectations for it being a scary movie...boy was i let down. I had to force myself to watch it.:hsugh: Not scary by a long shot especially by today's standards. what the hell did you guys like so much about the original??

Ya gotta understand the time period...... I'm barely a 80s baby and no I don't get it either

FirstWorldProblems

TCG Elite Member
Staff member
TCG Premium
Sep 6, 2006
Crown point, IN

Agree with this 100000%. The original SUCKED...it didn't even touch on his past at all, and the scenes were absurd. Dumbest moments:

Jamie Lee stabs Myers with an antenna and assumes he's dead. A fucking antenna

Jamie lee hides in a closet with paper thin doors and puts the kids in the bathroom

The blonde chick decides to call her friend while sitting with her back to a creepy dude covered in a sheet that's breathing hard AF. Anyone with a brain would have known after a couple minutes of awkward silence that something was up

Jamie lee stabs MM with a knife, then sends the kids out of the house while she just sits there, 10 feet from MM with her back to him, for like 5 minutes. WHY DIDN'T SHE LEAVE WITH THE KIDS

Literally everyone in the movie apparently liked to live in the dark

How does anyone under the age of 60 find this entertaining/scary?

Pressure Ratio

TCG Premium
Nov 11, 2005
Glen Ellyn
I saw it last week. I LOVED it. From the opening credits, it had that 70's/80's vibe.

Keep in mind, when this (original) came out it was scary. Hell, a lot of the horror movies from those decades were because it was pretty new to everyone. Now, i think we are just so used to it that it just becomes, meh until something new comes along.

I saw the original Friday the 13th was on TV and ended up watching it. Wow It was bad. They don't show any violence, not even any screaming from victims. I don't think it was until the 80's when they tried to build big suspense, scare you, and "scream queens" became to be. Growing up with those movies they definitely had a feel to them. They had a campiness to them that worked. Then they just went overboard ridiculous and killed the genre.

I am looking forward to seeing this Haloween.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info