H&R Springs coupe/vert question

01Cobra

Johnny Cobra
May 3, 2006
FYI the H&R sports have a pretty big drop. I had the sports on my Cobra for a week till my eibach pro springs came in. With the H&R's I was scrapping with just dips in the road. I would've prob teater tottered on speed bumps.

The H&R race are supposedly better. But from what I've seen the H&R sports have the lowest drop.

WhtSuperStang

Jack Bauer > Chuck Norris
Jun 27, 2005
FYI the H&R sports have a pretty big drop. I had the sports on my Cobra for a week till my eibach pro springs came in. With the H&R's I was scrapping with just dips in the road. I would've prob teater tottered on speed bumps.

The H&R race are supposedly better. But from what I've seen the H&R sports have the lowest drop.

i think the Super Sports are the lowest drop H&R has..

99svtdvr

open for business
Apr 27, 2005

So, I can't use coupe springs on a vert? :( that sucks...they are on sale..

Guess I should have mentioned the ones I was looking at...H&R Race springs...1.6 Front..1.5 Rear...

So does the Eibach pros that I looked at 1.4/1.4 drop.

Are you guys saying that the drop is going to be more after they settle? Or just normal moving up and down from dips in the road?

rdsnake

formerly RD SNAKE
Mar 5, 2006
http://www.livermoreperformance.com/mustang_springs.html

For the H&R Sport

front rate /rear rate drop part #
Mustang Cobra V8 99 - 04 w/IRS 700 - 760/685 1.6" 1.5" 51659
Mustang Cobra vert 99 - 04 w/IRS 700 - 760/685 1.6" 1.5" 51659-2

If the rate is the same....can they be used? Or would there be some other fitment issue?

All I no is a vert weights more then a couple so the spring rate is gonna be different. Fitment won't be a issue by handling will be different.

Kevin

99svtdvr

open for business
Apr 27, 2005
i have the eibach pros on my vert with all isos. I like the drop it is nice and not too much. I do think i will take out a front iso however. I dont scrape either. If you want pics i can supply them.

That's cool. I have seen pics of your car with them. Did you get an alignment after?

I think I just might go with the Eibach pro kit :biggthump

Discussions with the wife tonight :argue:

Rotzs99

All SHOW no GO
Mar 16, 2006
yay eibachs!

Im not sure of uneven wear. I havent taken the car out or really lifted the cover off of it.

I just got some good condition used MM c/c plates from corral i think $150. Gonna need new tires anyway.

Reason I chose eibach was cuz 01cobra told me he had H&Rs and they rode a little rough and didnt launch as well.

99 Stangbanger

Phantom Fury
Nov 22, 2004
Conan,

I have Eibachs and also have FR 500's w/315's now. No fitment issues on mine so far but I do have steeda spacers on the rears.

Before I installed the Cobra R front fascia I didnt rub with my Spring swap. Now I do rub with the Cobra R fascia but its only when I come out of a driveway w/ a steep drop or entering ect.. I normally clear all speed bumps if I go at them sideways:lmao:

The only 2 thing that rubbed on my exhust was the exhust clamps on my H pipe when I went over speed bumps and the seams on my Macs where the mufflers are put together. I Had to re-adjust the clamps sideways and that fixed that issue.I heated up the hangers at the H and the tails and it sucked up the Macs just enough to clear now. Now I have SLPS and no issues what so ever. If your system (cutouts) sit low, I would take it easy till you try out all the road conditions so you dont damage them.

EDIT:
However, I forgot to mention that I did bottom out going over large bumps and or speed bumps when I had passengers in all seats every time I came accross one. Dont know if your chidlren being smaller will cause this issue I had but I can almost say forsure that if you have 3 adults (400+LBS) in your car you may also bottom out bad like I did or still do.I dont normally carry that many people though. Just me and my GF and I dont see any ride changes with her 115 -120 lbs.

I had no issues with installing my springs besides that I had to replace my ABS wire at my front R/wheel cuz I forgot to resecure it and it got frayed and shorted out. Otherwise, mine was a easy install. Some say you dont need a spring compressor but I used it and it worked fine. Figure a few hours of work not busting your nuts or rushing.

99svtdvr

open for business
Apr 27, 2005
Conan,

I have Eibachs and also have FR 500's w/315's now. No fitment issues on mine so far but I do have steeda spacers on the rears.

Before I installed the Cobra R front fascia I didnt rub with my Spring swap. Now I do rub with the Cobra R fascia but its only when I come out of a driveway w/ a steep drop or entering ect.. I normally clear all speed bumps if I go at them sideways:lmao:

The only thing that rubbed on my exhust was the exhust clamps on my H pipe when I went over speed bumps. Had to re-adjust them sideways and that fixed that issue.

Hey Tom! I have the spacers as well. Thanks for posting up. Are you back in town? Or still commuting to/from FL?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info