H.I.D kits?

Bru

Staff member
TCG Premium
May 24, 2007
I bought my 4300K from the WBodyStore, and they've worked fine in even 0 degree weather. Because it's a plug and play with no external power source from the battery, mine sometimes need a flick of the headlight switch for both to come on in the extreme weather, but they've never let me down. I can't remember what brand they are -- and WBS isn't loading right now -- but I can check on it later.

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
yea I had/have HID's on my GTP and I had the same issue with them starting. I got an upgraded wire harness from SUVlights.com and it stopped that. The harness plugs into the lights and then runs to the battery so you have more power for the HID's to fire up. I bought my HID's from a group buy on clubgp along time ago. ONn of my bulbs went out and I just havent bought the replacement bulbs yet. So on my GTP im running regular bulbs again...Id probably get more light holding a candle out the window...

I can get a kit on ebay for like 70 bucks...with german ballasts and a 2 yr warranty. Some of the mustang guys have bought them and they seem to work fine but im a little worried about the quality. especially because of the price. just looking for some opinions...

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
lol Well then I guess im rice then, After I order my 8k HID's im gonna order 2 huge fucking mufflers with LED's in the tip to slap under the car...then you can really call me rice.
And about the light output, does it really matter? Going from shitty halogen bulbs to any HID is gonna be an improvement.

fuck just to piss you guys of I should put some 30k's on my Merc...

8k isnt that bad...either is 6k but like I said I want a little blue tint to the lights I think it will match the car well...since it it blue.

HIDcolortemps.jpg

well since its a huge deep blue hue hopefully cops will pull him over. :p i know some areas they are strict on that. so that might teach him a lesson. who knows they just might decide to do a full car search just to piss him off. then again im just against the plug in and play kits. yes i have one in my car but i have a clean cut off line on my to reduce glare. they were built in the projector in the headlight unit of my car. in other cars they arent meant for plug in and play and just blind everyone. not recommended period.

GraFFix

A 302 and a little boost
Jan 3, 2008
NW Chicago
well since its a huge deep blue hue hopefully cops will pull him over. :p i know some areas they are strict on that. so that might teach him a lesson. who knows they just might decide to do a full car search just to piss him off. then again im just against the plug in and play kits. yes i have one in my car but i have a clean cut off line on my to reduce glare. they were built in the projector in the headlight unit of my car. in other cars they arent meant for plug in and play and just blind everyone. not recommended period.
lol Its ok...I keep the drugs, guns and dead hookers in my other car...the trunks bigger.

Maybe, before they throw me in lockup for having HID's and blinding everyone on the road, they will also give me a ticket for loud exhaust and no cat's on the car. That will teach me a lesson!! Im a bad man.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info