Guy moving forward with plan to build a 10k rpm 700hp flat crank "Honda" K48 V8 using honda k24 heads.

Intel

TCG Elite Member
Reaction score
1617384052640.png

1617384083554.png

Everything will bolt right up like a regular LS engine, the transmission, all 6 bolt flywheels or flex plates and starters . More details in future posts. To sum up if the transmission you like will bolt up to LS it will bolt up to my engine. Here is a T56 bolted on the back.

Yes I still plan on support the transverse community a J35 engine back plate will be available for it. The engine will have multiple back plates. For the Porsche G50, Honda J35, CD009 and others.

Williams expects to have his prototype assembled by the end of this year, barring any pandemic-related delays with suppliers. With a goal of 10,000 rpm and over 700 hp, the K48 should be a real screamer for its pint-sized package. Plus, that hot-V configuration is begging for a tightly-packaged turbocharger combo—and Williams has that very madness in mind.

OffshoreDrilling

This is my safe space
Donating Member
Reaction score
Well that’s cool. I believe there’s a company doing something similar with Suzuki Busa engines for competition, though naturally aspirated.
There was a thread floating around about that here somewhere maybe two years ago. Cool stuff.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
Reaction score
I wish him all the best, if he succeeds it will sound glorious.

If he fails, he'll be one of the 1000s that failed before.

For a while you could get an Ariel Atom with a V8 that was based on the 'Busa engines I think. Or a bike engine.

Turbocharged400sbc

Welllllllllll ya knowwwwwww.....
Reaction score
i wonder why he isnt looking at doing a lost PLA casting for the block and other components.....i mean using the 3d printer for mockup is great, a good use3...but he could cast instead of billet

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom