Guy falls asleep or passes out behind the wheel with cruise control on

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I had the cops called on me one time when I had low blood sugar while driving. 40 years ago. Was told I was weaving all over the road. Hasn't happened since then because I'm way more careful now and my glucose meter lets me see at a glance where my BG is at. Every type 1 diabetic should have a glucose monitor.

I have pulled two guys out of low BG because I recognized their symptoms and their friends/family told me they were diabetics when I asked. Got them both sugary drinks and they recovered quickly.

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Conspiracy Lead Investigator
TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Seems fishy to me. There’s no way you’d sleep thru the initial off-road and impact. And who has a “dash cam” behind the drivers shoulder.
Its ok, I know you are just beginning to read.

People seem hung up on the camera view, but my Duster has had the exact same perspective camera mount since July 2013. This video was not staged, as witness reports and Law Enforcement investigations can attest. The York Sheriff Dept. handled the investigation.

Previously unknown medical condition caused a crash on 4/2/2015. (2021 update; I made an update about this video and you can watch it here: https://youtu.be/lssmh4GH188 , or keep reading.) I have never passed out in 26 years, but suddenly passed out. I wasn't tired, sleepy or anything like that. The last thing i remembered was turning off the cruise control, then I just passed out. I woke up a split-second before hitting that last fencepost, but was so disoriented that I didn't hit the brakes for another two seconds. When I went into the ditch, apparently my body pitched forward and my foot mashed the gas pedal to the floor. That's why the tach went to 5K and the car drifted so much. Afterwards, I had severe shock and disorientation. State Farm refused to pay for the car's repair, even though I was just a few hours past the deadline for comprehensive coverage. The vehicle was covered by my truck's policy, as I had not gotten the Mustang's title paperwork finished and couldn't insure it until then. State Farm has 14 days of "uninsured vehicle coverage" offered. They also raised my rates and removed my safe driver discount, even though I have never been in an accident that was my fault in 8 years of driving. So that seems a bit unfair. I just hope that I can pay my medical bills, pay the car off, then fix it/get it fixed. I didn't want to sell the rights, but it was the only option. I waited over a month before uploading the video. I also declined interviews, because I want to get over this. I have no wish for fame or fortune. The only reasons I uploaded this was to let my 13 subscribers know why I haven't uploaded recently and to show that horrible accidents can happen to anyone at any time. People seem hung up on the camera view, but my Duster has had the exact same perspective camera mount since July 2013. This video was not staged, as witness reports and Law Enforcement investigations can attest. The York Sheriff Dept. handled the investigation. And, as an update, my health is quite improved since then. Blood pressure adjusted to healthy levels, and no further symptoms. I had to wait a mandatory waiting period before I could drive again, and I passed it long ago and have not had any symptoms like this since. Apparently, once you get proper treatment for a medical condition like this you're good to go. I now drive just fine, but am much more cautious than I used to be. If I ever should feel the symptoms of passing out again, I'll simply stop the car and put it in park. Once you actually have passed out you can tell when it's going to happen. Thankfully, it appears I may never pass out again. And like my doctor said, this could happen to anyone else at anytime, so think about how you would feel if it happened to you.

• Haha
Reactions: Pro Stock John

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
New to me. :)

When you get low blood sugar, your brain shuts down. Conscious is no longer in control. Your subconscious is hopefully keeping you on autopilot and getting you to food.
It wasn't blood sugar brah.

Orthostatic Hypotension

Orthostatic hypotension — also called postural hypotension — is a form of low blood pressure that happens when you stand up from sitting or lying down. Orthostatic hypotension can make you feel dizzy or lightheaded, and maybe even cause you to faint.

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
Ah. Thanks. Still worth explaining what low blood sugar is like. Maybe one of you will see it and help prevent the victim from going into a coma and/or dying. Giving sugar to a diabetic (probably) won't kill them if they have high blood sugar and will save them if they have low. Ask the people with them if they are diabetic and respond as you think best. If it is low blood sugar, the person should come out of it within 15 mins of getting sugar in their system. Make sure they don't choke on solids. Liquids are better (in my non doctor opinion).

Reactions: Lord Tin Foilhat

Lord Tin Foilhat

TCG Premium
Jul 8, 2007
Privy Chamber
Cecily Strong Season 44 GIF by Saturday Night Live

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info