Movie Guardians of the Galaxy: Volume 3

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
This movie is getting amazing reviews, I read over the weekend that the backstory of Rocket hits you right in the feels, any truth to that? Anyone else see it and if so, what did you think?

I wonder how long the theatrical run will be before you can rent or buy it on d+
Definitely feels through most of this movie.

Reactions: FirstWorldProblems

Mr Baytchos

TCG Elite Member
Jul 8, 2007
Cortland, IL
Real Name
Anthony
I've read it's an emotional rollercoaster as well.

Anyone who has seen this movie, is there anything important in Antman Quantumania that I should see/know from it before seeing this movie? I was waiting to stream Quantumania but wouldn't mind seeing this in theaters.
Nothing from Quantumania tied to this. You should at least watch the GOTG Christmas special before this though. Bridges the gap.

Thirdgen89GTA

Aka "That Focus RS Guy"
TCG Premium
Sep 19, 2010
Rockford
Real Name
Bill
This movie is getting amazing reviews, I read over the weekend that the backstory of Rocket hits you right in the feels, any truth to that? Anyone else see it and if so, what did you think?

I wonder how long the theatrical run will be before you can rent or buy it on d+
I finally saw the movie, been avoiding this thread to avoid spoilers.

Yeah, it hits you in the feels, I don't want to go into spoilers, but it's definitely better than GotG2.

Though not quite at the level of GotG1, but where #1 was very much about the humor, #3 is all about Rocket's backstory, and the overall theme of family.

Reactions: Mr Baytchos

SpeedSpeak2me

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Aug 27, 2018
Real Name
Jim
But I has not seen movie. Will that be an inconvenience?
1683868307412.jpeg

Flyn

Go ahead. I'll catch up.
TCG Premium
Mar 1, 2004
Selling homes on the Gulf Coast of Florida
I went to the "luxury" theater with some friends and we sat in our recliners with beers and cheeseburgers and watched. My thoughts:

Darker than previous 2. Not for small kids.

Rocket back story was touching. I had to wipe my eyes a couple times.

Long movie but that was OK.

Sound track didn't have the "love this song" that the previous 2 movies did. Songs were OK but not the same level of classic hits.

There's an end credits scene. Future of GOTG?

All in all, I enjoyed it.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info