Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
well the jdm spec is out and available to buy. mines already has parts available for it.....motortrend is simply making it a point to say that the japanese market is going to have a much harder time getting more power out of it than the previous skylines

PANDA

TCG Elite Member
TCG Premium
Event Coordinator
May 24, 2007
Wisconsin Northwoods
well the jdm spec is out and available to buy. mines already has parts available for it.....motortrend is simply making it a point to say that the japanese market is going to have a much harder time getting more power out of it than the previous skylines

If the car has restrictions from the factory mods should make it easier to get more power!

ZenDex

Jan 29, 2008
its japan....im not worried.

i think they have a serious problem with underground racing there. High speed highway racing is quite popular and one of the most stupid things you can do, prolly why they did it. Keep the fun on the track, where its regulated and safe. One fuck up at 150 and you will be kissing your ass and rest of yourself goodbye

Poopshinanigans

I'm a middle of the titties voter.
Nov 18, 2007
I really cant see Japan having the open ended highways and even expressways that we have here in the Good Ol USA.

Also, about that speed limiter: Why would they put a limiter on a car that has had the 911 turbo as a benchmark? OR that my PT cruiser could go faster (120 vs 112) given enough tarmac? I agree with Mook in that they need this not to fuck up or else they could have a really big financial problem on their hands if one of the worlds major auto markets doesnt start buying their share because of some simple ecu restrictions.

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
i dont believe that MINES changed the suspension to a full coilover setup and didnt throw a code... you cant even replace a shock on an american car with ride control to a coilover without throwing a code- let alone change the whole suspension from that toggle switch controlled monstrosity in the GTR to a coilover and not throw a code.. something seems fishy... also, how the hell would taking the wheels off the car set off a check engine light? whoever made that up is a moron

Mook

Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
COMPLETELY off topic but i found this while doing my usual google image search and i have zero idea at what stage in development this mule was caught testing but IMO, taking in mind how i feel about these cars, THIS is what the GTR should have looked like...this may even be a REALLY REALLY good rendering, i have no clue and cant read japanese..but i fucking love it :eek3:

gtr2.jpg

edit: found my answer

Japenese car mags sometimes provide the juiciest of news for us Yanks to drool over. Take these scans from an unnamed Japanese car mag that show Nissan's upcoming GT-R. The pictures look a bit photoshopped, as they differ from spy shots we've seen of the car testing at the Nurburgring in Germany and elsewhere in the world. The car in these pics is much more aggressive with an extra intake for rear brake cooling behind the doors and accompanying vent behind the wheel wells. The rear wing is also larger and a more serious looking affair.

Then again, the GT-R will come in three flavors, standard, V-Spec and EVO, so most of these shots may be showing the GT-R EVO trim that ups the car's aggression by a factor of ten.

i have a unhealthy obsession with these cars :hs:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info