Mr. Manager
Staff member
Admin
May 23, 2007
Elgin
Real Name
Mike
mine's set the record which i believe currently holds

Mines have solidly broken into the 59's around Tsukuba by posting a 59.367 with their modified R35 GT-R. Modifications include full Mines Spec III suspension (Sachs dampers, Eibach springs), Mines VX ROM ECU, Mines Silence-VX Pro Titan II exhaust and upgraded Mines brake rotor kit (400mm front rotors). Driving the GT-R was Tetsuya Yamano.

To compare against standard GT-Rs, the best we have seen is 1.01.9 posted by MCR when their car was still standard. Other quick times for modified cars have been a 1.00.2 by Amuse with their modified GT-R.

Standard R35 GT-R best time was 1.01.9 or so.

Z-Tune R34 GT-R was 1.00

Power House Amuse Time Attack R35 GT-R was 1.00.2 in January

Most recent Evo X does 1.06.46

Most recent STi does 1.05.95

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
whats kinda funny is the Mugen civic RR does that race track in 1:00.600.

it only has 2 less turbos 2 less cylinders 2 more doors and 2 less drive wheels. and its 20K cheaper

honda-civic-mugen-rr-front.jpg

heres an older video, when it was only going 1:06.68
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnqZlhce_fk

Last edited:

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
the rear suspension geometry of the new civics here state-side looks the same as a 89 Chevy celebrity, I'd imagine that one must be quite alot different to handle that well.

and I also noticed that :

"Availability is limited to 300 cars"

So it'd actually be easier to find a GTR than one of those.....

Stink Star

Don’t Drive Angry!
TCG Premium
Jan 20, 2008
Big wood cock
the rear suspension geometry of the new civics here state-side looks the same as a 89 Chevy celebrity, I'd imagine that one must be quite alot different to handle that well.

i was unaware that my car has a solid rear axle.... oh, that was your attempt at humor. and even if you were right about your statement, that is stupid to assume the performance of something solely based on looks. you sound dumber than Jeremy Clarkson calling the suspension on a Z06 "Fit for a Wagon" even though the car outperforms his beloved Astons and Ferraris.

Dasfinc

Ready for the EVlution
Sep 28, 2007
Wheaton, IL
i was unaware that my car has a solid rear axle.... oh, that was your attempt at humor. and even if you were right about your statement, that is stupid to assume the performance of something solely based on looks. you sound dumber than Jeremy Clarkson calling the suspension on a Z06 "Fit for a Wagon" even though the car outperforms his beloved Astons and Ferraris.

Where did I say 'it doesn't look like it would handle well'

I simply meant to say the geometery of the US civic was pretty basic (as a result of cost cutting), and I was stating that the RR might be a different physical setup than yours to handle that well, I wasn't knocking the car at all!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info