3800 GTP's Suck!!!!!

LPSPEED2

TCG Elite Member
Nov 10, 2008
Addison
Tuesday, i was racing this 02 Cadi DTS on the highway, and we were pretty even. All of a sudden when I hit about 110-115mph, I heard a whistling noise from under the hood. At about 120mph I stopped pulling on the car and slowed back to about 70mph, and the whistling noise was gone. When I tried gunning it again, it was slow as a mofo. I got off the expressway, and was going to auto zone to check out what was wrong, when this late 90's gs430 or 400 pulls next to me, I was revving up my motor to hear what was wrong with it, and the gs thought i wanted to race. When I revved it it took a couple seconds literally to get up to about 4000rpm, so I knew something was wrong, and I didn't even see my boost guage move at all. I thought I blew my supercharger, so im swearing and shit, so this guy next to me thinks im swearing at him, and his car had 3 other people in it, so this guy wanted to kill me. The light turns, and i let him go, and he sees i dont wanna race, and starts dicking around, so he instigated me to racing. The next light we both go at it, and i barely get him by about 1 length up to 65, then i slowed because we were on manheim by grand. I finally get to auto zone, and pop my hood, and there i see it. My idler pulley came off from the supercharger serpentine. I was so happy i had not blown the blower. I immediately bought one and was back on my way after a swap. The only thing left on there was the bearing. Anyway, these are really sluggish without the supercharger. Are these the same motors as a gt? Please tell me a gt is faster than a gtp w/o blower. Cause i wouldnt be able to stand it. :unsure:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant. Consider starting a new thread to get fresh replies.

Thread Info