• Hi Guest, welcome to TCG 2.0. Please refer to the FAQ in User Support before you do anything else. It will make the transition MUCH easier.

IF YOU ARE SEEING AN "OOPS" ERROR PAGE, IT IS LIKELY BECAUSE YOUR BROWSER HAS NOT UPDATED YOUR CACHE. YOU CAN EITHER CLICK FORUMS AT THE TOP LEFT OR VISIT THECHICAGOGARAGE.COM AND BOOKMARK THAT. - Love, Mook

GTP's Suck!!!!!

LPSPEED2

Reaction score
Tuesday, i was racing this 02 Cadi DTS on the highway, and we were pretty even. All of a sudden when I hit about 110-115mph, I heard a whistling noise from under the hood. At about 120mph I stopped pulling on the car and slowed back to about 70mph, and the whistling noise was gone. When I tried gunning it again, it was slow as a mofo. I got off the expressway, and was going to auto zone to check out what was wrong, when this late 90's gs430 or 400 pulls next to me, I was revving up my motor to hear what was wrong with it, and the gs thought i wanted to race. When I revved it it took a couple seconds literally to get up to about 4000rpm, so I knew something was wrong, and I didn't even see my boost guage move at all. I thought I blew my supercharger, so im swearing and shit, so this guy next to me thinks im swearing at him, and his car had 3 other people in it, so this guy wanted to kill me. The light turns, and i let him go, and he sees i dont wanna race, and starts dicking around, so he instigated me to racing. The next light we both go at it, and i barely get him by about 1 length up to 65, then i slowed because we were on manheim by grand. I finally get to auto zone, and pop my hood, and there i see it. My idler pulley came off from the supercharger serpentine. I was so happy i had not blown the blower. I immediately bought one and was back on my way after a swap. The only thing left on there was the bearing. Anyway, these are really sluggish without the supercharger. Are these the same motors as a gt? Please tell me a gt is faster than a gtp w/o blower. Cause i wouldnt be able to stand it. :unsure:

mybluegtp

Reaction score
Yea a GT is faster than a GTP with out the SC, Ask Fish and ThaLord... :rolleyes: :lol:

Fish

From the mean streets....
Reaction score
Originally posted by mybluegtp@Nov 13 2003, 06:54 PM
Yea a GT is faster than a GTP with out the SC, Ask Fish and ThaLord... :rolleyes:  :lol:
I STILL WANNA SEE THAT VIDEO!!! Did ThaLord pay someone off?? :ph34r: :ph34r:

SnM

Reaction score
A GT has more compression, and better gearing, and it doesn't have a bunch of useless blades in the intake (when the belt is off ;)) so yeah, a gt should be faster than a gtp with no belt.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Top Bottom