🔧 BUILD GTPpower's 05 F-350 6.0 PSD

General Information

I need a way to help me keep track of everything I'm doing to this thing.

1688935651524.png

I bought it from a dealer on 02/01/17. It needed an oil cooler and possibly a headgasket. I farm and own a construction business, so reliability is a main concern. I took it to a diesel shop a few weeks later to get the following done.

-Headstuds
-4" Turboback Exhaust
-Edge CTS2 Pro with Gearhead Custom tuning
-Edge EGT Probe
-Mishimoto Coolant Filter
-Valvecover Gaskets
-Rear Main Seal
-Updated Oil Cooler
-Rear Cover Gasket
-Updated Turbo Feed Line
-Rocker Box Gasket
-Injector O-ring kit
-Heater Tube O-ring
-Motorcraft Crank Sensor
-Passanger and Driver Glow Plug Harnesses
-Hpop Gasket Kit
-Updated Turbo Oil Drain
-Standpipe & Dummy Plug Kit
-Blue Spring Kit
-6.4 Pushrods
-6.4 Lifters
-Cam position sensor
-Racor Oil and Fuel Filters
-5w-40 Synthetic Oil
-CAT Extended Life Coolant

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I may or may not have turned down an oil leak job on a 6.0 the other day, seeing what you and a few friends have been through makes me not even wanna touch one and have it come back to haunt me 😂

But idk that I'd wanna mess with a 6.7 either and have to pull the cab off it all the time.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
The misinformation you spout is unreal
Just because I don't know much about them beyond idis and 7.3s doesn't mean I don't see what my friends get themselves into. I know the 6.7s are badass and can make huge power but that pulling the cab to do a water pump business is wild to me and I don't have the lift or room to be doin it. And 6.0s sound awesome and can make good power but I've not seen one in my life that hasnt been problems up until it got sold. Even after "bulletproofing" it with head studs and stuff.

If I'm wrong feel free to educate me, I'm all for learning new things. But don't forget that I'm in a little different world messing with little dual overhead cam stuff most of the time and most of what I know about this stuff comes from guys that work on them all day too.

sktchy

⚠️🫠
TCG Premium
Jul 27, 2021
I'm sure it's not the right way to go about it but I'm a big fan of the mapp torch and a ball joint press for u joints. There's a chance of stretching the yoke but it's way better than trying to bash the collar of the yoke in a vise and egging the shaft. Assuming your the kinda guy that likes to do things yourself.

Reactions: GTPpower

Thread Info