🔧 BUILD GTPpower's 05 F-350 6.0 PSD

General Information

I need a way to help me keep track of everything I'm doing to this thing.

1688935651524.png

I bought it from a dealer on 02/01/17. It needed an oil cooler and possibly a headgasket. I farm and own a construction business, so reliability is a main concern. I took it to a diesel shop a few weeks later to get the following done.

-Headstuds
-4" Turboback Exhaust
-Edge CTS2 Pro with Gearhead Custom tuning
-Edge EGT Probe
-Mishimoto Coolant Filter
-Valvecover Gaskets
-Rear Main Seal
-Updated Oil Cooler
-Rear Cover Gasket
-Updated Turbo Feed Line
-Rocker Box Gasket
-Injector O-ring kit
-Heater Tube O-ring
-Motorcraft Crank Sensor
-Passanger and Driver Glow Plug Harnesses
-Hpop Gasket Kit
-Updated Turbo Oil Drain
-Standpipe & Dummy Plug Kit
-Blue Spring Kit
-6.4 Pushrods
-6.4 Lifters
-Cam position sensor
-Racor Oil and Fuel Filters
-5w-40 Synthetic Oil
-CAT Extended Life Coolant

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
This?
"Leak Detector Kit / Engine Block Test Tools Inc. BK 7001006 | Car Parts & Truck Parts | NAPA Auto Parts" https://www.napaonline.com/en/p/BK_7001006
Yes. Go beat it up, good and hot, release pressure, then have some one take it up and down to about 3k rpms slowly while you squeeze the bulb and SLOWLY let it suck in from the degas bottle. Don't let it ingest coolant

Reactions: GTPpower

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
Ran the test a couple times. No sign at all of a leak.

IMG_20210301_180619728.jpg

But I still have a small coolant leak that shows up when I let this thing sit for a day without starting it. Usually I don't start it Sunday, and there will be a small coolant puddle under the rear, passenger side of the engine Monday morning.

DEEZUZ

NO PUKESTERS
TCG Premium
Nov 20, 2008
NWI
Ran the test a couple times. No sign at all of a leak.

View attachment 82598

But I still have a small coolant leak that shows up when I let this thing sit for a day without starting it. Usually I don't start it Sunday, and there will be a small coolant puddle under the rear, passenger side of the engine Monday morning. I'm going to pull the charge pipe and inspect the egr delete on Saturday.

And this test was done after a high heat run and someone taking rpms up and down gradually?

GTPpower

TCG Elite Member
Jun 5, 2012
Nebraska
And this test was done after a high heat run and someone taking rpms up and down gradually?

Yes, I had my dad bringing rpms between 2k and 3k while testing. I'm thinking the reason the Degas bottle was leaking was just a weird circumstance from the super cold weather we had. I'll get this thing up to operating temperature, release the pressure, then beat the ever living shit out of it, and I can't even get the gauge up to 10 psi.

I'll have to take another look to see if I can find where the leak is coming from.

Reactions: DEEZUZ

Rdrnnr

wannabe racecar builder
Nov 15, 2020
Why does everything with Ford diesels have to revolve around the cooling systems. You ever tried this stuff man? In the idis adding scas is pretty necessary to keep bubbles off cylinder walls creating hot spots idk if it'd help here at all or if its somewhere in the 20 pages of all this already but it's instantly my first thought after reading into a couple pages anyway. 20210515_133413.jpg

Thread Info